Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a Dr. D slip on and a Dobeck and have the settings at 4:30, 7, 4, 7. The problem is that the part around the electrode is still white as hell. I have ridden it for about a total of two hours since the install is this a bad thing. I have done a good amount of riding throughout the RPM range. Will two hours or running lean do a lot of damage to the motor. All I have is the slip on, no intake and the lid is still on. Any information will help thanks.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I know a guy that runs a full Dr.D , pro flow no lid with the settings of 4,7,4,7 and it rips....no surging or backfire.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
with only a slip on and lid on, you should be fat with those settings, strange, try bumping up your third pot to 6

·
Registered
841 Posts
sikraptor700 said:
with only a slip on and lid on, you should be fat with those settings, strange, try bumping up your third pot to 6
With just a slip on 6 for fuel? Wouldnt that be to rich? I would even think 4 would be....Im runnin a slip on K&N an I stay around 3 or 4 myself....and my plug is a lil black (not much) but rips

·
Registered
610 Posts
The way they explained it to me and the way the lights were lighting up when I was dialing in my Dobeck, the main jet/third pot doesn't even kick on til at and above 6 grand. after that I paid attention to the way I ride and rarely hold anything over 6 grand for very long. I just don't have the room unless I feel like winding out a lower gear. My still stock plug is the color of chocolate milk. FWIW.

Reaper, what do you mean it's still white as hell? Was it white before the mods?
I'd pop in a new plug and see what happens. I'd even set your Dobeck to the stock/factory settings since you only have the slip-on, run it for a while and then check the plug.
Maybe you even have the Dobeck installed incorrectly or it's a bad unit....

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
oli700 said:
I know a guy that runs a full Dr.D , pro flow no lid with the settings of 4,7,4,7 and it rips....no surging or backfire.

Off topic but, I'm glad to see you back posting Oil, it's been a while. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
899 Posts
Thanks....I've been up in your state .....way up... trying to help put out a couple of small fires you got going up there.

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Mina ran dead on the money with a slipon and the lid on with the stock program. It was actually very slightly rich if anything. I tore the engine down yesterday and it was by far not lean. Then again, Im in the south and its real hot and humid :unsure:

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
oli700 said:
Thanks....I've been up in your state .....way up... trying to help put out a couple of small fires you got going up there.

Thanks for your service :thumbsup: You weren't by chance fighting the fire up around the Concrete/Marblemount area were you?

·
Registered
623 Posts
set it damn near stock settings for my slip-on here also. it was running rich enough to foul a plug set a little richer then the factory.

took it to the dunes with some hard riding all day long and just barely over factory and new plug came back looking great. there is a plug chart online you might want to look at, the electrode is supposed to be greyish colored on the tip when its running good.

·
Registered
899 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
oli700 said:

Thanks for your service :thumbsup: You weren't by chance fighting the fire up around the Concrete/Marblemount area were you?

Hey it’s my pleasure. I remember a place called Winthrop. But I was a little ways NE of that

1 - 12 of 12 Posts