Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody got idea?? Im Stumped!! Running probs Please HELP

I have a stock 07 700r se. I ride with about 20 or 30 people all diff kinds of atvs on some pretty rough trails. I run pretty slow when i hang with tha group. one nite it started smoking real bad and missing while i was jus puttin round i could run it hard and it would straighten out except for when i let off the gas it would smoke acted like a carb loading up its fuel smoke i dont know much bout the fuel injection i changed the plug , took the injector out , took air filter off and cleaned everything. i changed oil and gas and put some lucas in it , i only run 93 octane. it will crank and idle fine unless u let it set for bout 5 or 10 min then it floods out and fouls my plug. i put a new plug in it and took the air filter off and ran it on the highway one nite and it ran fine i let it set in driveway and idle and never had any probs i put a new air filter on it the next morn before we left to ride and it started doin the same thing. i know its not the rings cause it only smokes sometimes Anybody got any ideas??

·
Registered
850 Posts
We need alot more information then whats given. Starting with the mods done to the quad. Is it stock? Does it have a fuel controller? Normally you will see fuel smoke under load not when its idleing.

·
Registered
850 Posts
If its light white bluish grey smoke that would be oil smoke.. Fuel smoke its a really black smoke. Sounds like you need some rings..

·
Registered
850 Posts
Not necessarily, but its not the definite problem either. You said you had problems with it idleing? Try checking your TPS sensor

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Maybe a valve seal... I had a 2006 that was doing something similar.. Sometimes it would smoke, other times it would stop.. it was pretty random.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts