Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
My 660 runs good the first few minutes it cold, but as soon as it warms up it starts to stumble & dies , & will not restart until the engine has cooled off again.

Any suggestions ?

..... Like i said runs perfect cold, but when warm, cut ouit & dies will not restart until cooled off, carbs have been cleaned

·
Love/My/Kid
847 Posts
when it is hot and will not start you neen to check for spark and if there is spark spray some starter fluid in the carbs and if it starts is a fuel prob. check this two things and get back to us

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I tested it & got no spark after it dies once warm, i also unplugged the rectifer/regulator & still no spark

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
quite possibly it needs a stator. The heat produced after it warms up may cause things to expand and cause a short or bad connection.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
spark returned, but weak, battery is new & fully charged could this be my coil acting up ?

·
Love/My/Kid
847 Posts
id say new starter ask willykiller about the dang stuff a bad starter will do, keep you look for bad parts and its the starter

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
id say new starter ask willykiller about the dang stuff a bad starter will do, keep you look for bad parts and its the starter
you must mean stator obviously the starter is fine

·
Love/My/Kid
847 Posts
how do you now the starter is fine? because it turns the motor over? thats not all it does

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
the starter cranks the motor, the stator charges and provides spark and there is a trigger down there to that triggers the spark. Not 100% if the stator actually provides the spark or if thats the battery...someone im sure can correct me

·
Love/My/Kid
847 Posts
the starter cranks the motor, the stator charges and provides spark and there is a trigger down there to that triggers the spark. Not 100% if the stator actually provides the spark or if thats the battery...someone im sure can correct me
OOO i see i though they were one in the same, well my bad . you learn something new everyday.:D

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well it dosent do it anymore, i unplugged & replugged the wires going to the coil & now its going strong, i guess it was a bad connection leading to the coil

thanks boosted for walking me thru a litte troubleshooting

·
Love/My/Kid
847 Posts
Well it dosent do it anymore, i unplugged & replugged the wires going to the coil & now its going strong, i guess it was a bad connection leading to the coil

thanks boosted for walking me thru a litte troubleshooting
lol was not much help but YW and glad you got it fixed man, it suck when the ol rappy is down, ride hard and be safe:cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
The pick up coil creates the spark

·
Master of the Electron
14,544 Posts
The pick up coil creates the spark
Actually, the pickup coil you refer to generates a low voltage pulse that provides timing to tell the CDI when to generate another high voltage pulse that is sent to the spark coil which then creates a very high voltage pulse which causes a spark to jump across the spark gap in the plug.

BTW, you are attempting to correct a 10 year old post... do you expect an answer?

·
Master of the Electron
14,544 Posts
No problem! Keep up the contributions and welcome to the forum!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts