Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

After doing a short wheelie my raptor runs like crap, enginge starts bogging. This with 1/3 left in the gastank. Anyone else had this problem? Only time it starts acting is after doing a wheelie. Short one that is.

·
Registered
138 Posts
What mods are you running?

How are you putting her back down? clutch+brake? clutch+let off throttle? let off throttle only? tap brake only?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I wana know the answer to the question thorDan asked too

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was riding my 660 last night and it does this, too. I dont clutch or use the break at all, but when i let off the throttle to balance at the top, i couldn't get the motor to rev up again. I think it just bogs down like that because your fuel isnt flowing into the engine. This was on a short, first gear wheelie going slow and pretty vertical. When i do wheelies in 2nd or 3rd gear, it almost never does this though. Just do your wheelies goin fast...its more fun anyway.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I use the 3 mods, pcIII, gytr filter and intake, crd pipe and a custom built silencer (KTM 525sx)

I usually let off throttle and use the clutch. Then when I hit the throttle again it bogs and idle dissapears

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thats exactly what mine does...i guess either stay on it and flip over or use your brake. I don't really think theres any way to fix the force of gravity on your fuel.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ive been doing wheelies like this for a year now without this symptom so there´s something not right. The 700 ia fuel injected instead of the carb´s the 660 uses. My friend´s got a 660 and has always had this symptom but not me.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ah...fuel injection. Good point. Well you only had a 1/3 tank of gas? Fill up your tank and see if it helps.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well fill up and report...lets see if that helps at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts