Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went home today to take my 700 to the shop to get stripped and sent to Daniel for a little work and it wasnt there. Someone took it between my birthday(Sunday) and 10:00am this morning. Called the police and they got all of my information and I was told that its little to no chance that I will get her back:( FML

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
I can't think of anything I despise worse than a thief. I had a 300ex stolen from my home in 1999, I'm sorry you have to endure this.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Maybe you're being "Overhauled"?? Hope you find it and kick the $H/T outta whoever it is.:slap::chair:

·
Registered
531 Posts
I'd put up an add for a stolen quad and offer a reward for anyone who can find it and report it!!! It might cost ya a little bit of cash, but nothin to wut ur quads worth!!! Also check local craigslist, it's worth a shot!!! I hate people who can't work for there own $hit so they steal others!!! I swear, if I found out who did it, I'd follow em home one night have me a skee mask on and beat the livin $hit out of em with a baseball bat!!! And burn the evidence!!! Hope u find ur quad!!!

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I'd put up an add for a stolen quad and offer a reward for anyone who can find it and report it!!! It might cost ya a little bit of cash, but nothin to wut ur quads worth!!! Also check local craigslist, it's worth a shot!!! I hate people who can't work for there own $hit so they steal others!!! I swear, if I found out who did it, I'd follow em home one night have me a skee mask on and beat the livin $hit out of em with a baseball bat!!! And burn the evidence!!! Hope u find ur quad!!!
I like this idea good luck dude

·
Registered
319 Posts
That is lame!! I keep my quad locked up pretty tight.

I have a cable that I use when its in the back of the truck, and I have a cable that locks it to a column in the garage. Both are 5/8" rubber coated cable with a combination closed shank lock.

Cables are MUCH harder to cut. Chains are useless, and can be cut in 1 second.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I'd check craigslist and all other classifed adds even up into south Ga. While I was at it I'd check all listings in the panhandle to Jacksonville and down as far as Ocala. It's just my opion a crackhead or queaker(meth addict) got it and sold it for dope. Look into all adds selling parts. The engine can bring in $1,500 or better on eBay I just bought one,so I know. Ask questions into why the parts are for sale. Such as did you crash it totaled frame(or threw yours away) what color plastics do they have if parting out the bike that way if they say it's the same color yours was. Drive over and check it out if close enough. People know they can get a easy $1,000 or so,will grab them up. They'll strip them down a sale everything but the frame. There's alot of quad chop shops going on nowadays it sucks but I'd almost bet parts was already sold or lined up to be before it was stolen. I mean it'd take nut to ride a stolen quad. That's grand thieft and good 2-5years of jail time or probation if they're lucky. So I'd say it's being stripped or local kids have it hid in the woods down there riding it. Good luck getting it back!! Did you have insurance? I hope so maybe you'll get a check to put towards another quad. I'm speaking from experince. When my quad broke the word got out thru my buddies. Well I was approached by a drug addict that asked if I was Spider and if I was the guy with the blown up raptor 700? I said yes and he said if I give him 500 and tell him where one sits he'd go steal it for the engine. That's when I ran him off and told him if I ever see him on my street again I'd call the cops. Then I went double checked garage door locks and blocked doors with both cars just in case he came back at night for the Polaris,blaster,raptor80,or the busted up 700. It sucks people won't get up and get a job,instead of stealing others stuff. No disrespect or nothing but if someone can come from another country with no language skills here and find work they could if they'd get off their lazy asses.

·
Registered
79 Posts
That really sucks ass man, im sorry to hear that

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
First I want to say thanks for all of the advice. I have struck up deals with local papers to put an ad out with a reward. I have been on craigslist and ebay ALL DAY. I do have insurance so I have to wait and see what they will give me, but for now Im trying to keep my head. The only bad part about me finding it is that somebody is going and have to do all of this to find the person's ass after I get done with em.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I feel ya if mine went missing. I'd kill whoever stole if the cops didn't find them first. It's best just to not loose your head that's smart.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I know how you feel I had my blaster stolen last august right out of my back yard in the middle of the day. I never got it back even after putting up posters with a reward. Hope your luck is better!

·
Premium Member
3,478 Posts
Sorry to hear about the quad. You got any pics of it? I'd keep an eye on Craigslist...I've seen a lot of Raptors popping up on there.

·
Registered
26 Posts
sorry to hear that too man. i know how ya feel i had one stolen from me and the cops where no help at all. they told me that i probably would never see it again. also they said if i where to find it don't do anything call them first, i was thinking yeah right im gonna handle that by myself and a ball bat. i hope ya hear something on it man. again sorry to hear that

·
Registered
71 Posts
heres another idea post a ad on craigs list looking for parts... engine or plastics maybe a specific set of tires? and maybe throw in your passing through your town in a few days to go ride

·
Modding Maniac
3,052 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss bro. I can't imagine how much that would suck. I would kill someone if they ever stole my shit and I found it.

I would post an ad on Craigslist saying that your looking for a bike like yours but leave the specific out and see what you get. Just another idea.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yea I need a pic, I live in South Ga and I will be looking for ya....I surf Craigslist about 1-2 times a week.....That really sux man.....

·
Registered
38 Posts
My grandpa had a quad stolen out of the back of the trailor at his house when he was home. Because of that i have insurance on my so let someone steal it.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts