Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just removed my parking brake last night....and i took it riding last night and it ran good.....and it ran good before i took the brake off....but i went out to play today and its not running good....it started up fine with the choke on and warmed up good but then after a minute of no choke idle it cut off and was hard to start back up....got it running and now when i try to back up slowly with the clutch halfway out it cuts off....and when i try to ride slow in first it cuts off...and when i hit it it sounds like its pops once through the carbs and hesitates and then takes off...i read that the 05's dont have the P-Brake limiter so what could this be??? thanks guys

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Could be the reverse rev limiter. When i took my p-brake off, it didnt cause any problems.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think i might have an idea.....i think there was something wrong with the fuel petcock cause when it was "ON" it was idling low and if i tried to rev it it would die....then i turned it to "RES" and it ran great....still died once after i was on it halfway for a minute then pulled the clutch in....it died when i pulled the clutch in....maybe my petcock needs cleaned or something

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have an 04 so if 05's dont have a parking brake limiter limiter just disregard. I am replying only just in case.

Pull off you CDI box. Disconnect the plug with 4-wire plug. If there is a green/yellow wire, this is for the parking brake.

Simply cut this wire. I studied the electrical schematic, and Yes I did it on my own quad.

Repost so we all know what fixed your problem.

·
Registered
343 Posts
ursuaja said:
I have an 04 so if 05's dont have a parking brake limiter limiter just disregard. I am replying only just in case.

Pull off you CDI box. Disconnect the plug with 4-wire plug. If there is a green/yellow wire, this is for the parking brake.

Simply cut this wire. I studied the electrical schematic, and Yes I did it on my own quad.

Repost so we all know what fixed your problem.
isn't the green yellow the reverse sensor wire?

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i went out to ride today and i think i might know what it is.....when the fuel petcock is on "ON" for the main tank it does not get enough gas to ride but gets enough idle....like when i hit it quick it tries to shut off then accelerates....like say your cruisin slow almost at idle and try to tap it quick to just make some noise and turn the tires a lil bit it tries to shut off then comes back to life....wont turn the tires or rev or nothin.....but when i turn the petcock to "RES" to run reserve gas its fine.....anybody had any problems like this?? maybe the main tank tube is clogged or something.....it has plenty of gas in it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts