Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
El Jefe de la Hill
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone close enough to do a last minute trip? I'm planning on getting there at around 10am.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Hmmmmm..... I am supposed to do a trail ride above Skamania Wa. with the father in law but maybe I can get them to go to the sand instead. The trails are cool but I like the sand better haha!

·
Sand blasting your paint is my specialty
954 Posts
Hmmmmm..... I am supposed to do a trail ride above Skamania Wa. with the father in law but maybe I can get them to go to the sand instead. The trails are cool but I like the sand better haha!
What time are you planning on hitting skamania if you don't go to the beach? I might be down for a nooner up there. I have new dirt bike I need to try out.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Supposed to be there at 11am. Should be pretty cool there's miles and miles of trail systems up there leadin down into washougal or out to carson. I think some even go up to st. Helens lol But I'm gonna try and talk them into 3 corner rock. Have you been there before? Your more than welcome to bring a buddy or two along. :beer:

·
954 Posts
Supposed to be there at 11am. Should be pretty cool there's miles and miles of trail systems up there leadin down into washougal or out to carson. I think some even go up to st. Helens lol But I'm gonna try and talk them into 3 corner rock. Have you been there before? Your more than welcome to bring a buddy or two along. :beer:
I used to wheel up there years ago. But always hing around the cedar swamp area and impassable trail. But I somewhat know the area up there. One of my most favorite 4x4 areas around.

You say behind the store are you planning on turning on the skamania store road or salmon falls?

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
You take a left right at the skamania store and head up about 1 mile and we unload in a field at my ol' lady's moms place then ride from there. I'll give you a call at around 11:30 from the store and you can follow me up there k! Should be fun if the weather holds out But the snow level dropped to 1500 ft. today unfortunatly. Hopefully we don't hit any snow up there. You'll be in for a workout on that crf 450 if we do lol!
Hey Pipo sorry for jackin your thread here bro lol

·
954 Posts
You take a left right at the skamania store and head up about 1 mile and we unload in a field at my ol' lady's moms place then ride from there. I'll give you a call at around 11:30 from the store and you can follow me up there k! Should be fun if the weather holds out But the snow level dropped to 1500 ft. today unfortunatly. Hopefully we don't hit any snow up there. You'll be in for a workout on that crf 450 if we do lol!
Hey Pipo sorry for jackin your thread here bro lol
It was fun up there today. You missed out! Had fun doing what I would call sking on a dirtbike. It was definently fun hitting the snow piles at 30 and trying to hold on.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Oh shit hahaha! I know right where you were. If you go just on the other side of that bridge and walk down a little trail on the left there is an awesome waterfall and really cool rock formations.
LMAO!! Yeah man I can imagine hittin that wet snow on a dirtbike at 30+ would be scary as hell! Did you see anybody else up there? I had a buddy that was going to be up there today riding a grizzly with those plastic wheel extensions on it. Not sure if he ever made it though.
Do you still have a rappy? Or just the bike?

·
954 Posts
Oh shit hahaha! I know right where you were. If you go just on the other side of that bridge and walk down a little trail on the left there is an awesome waterfall and really cool rock formations.
LMAO!! Yeah man I can imagine hittin that wet snow on a dirtbike at 30+ would be scary as hell! Did you see anybody else up there? I had a buddy that was going to be up there today riding a grizzly with those plastic wheel extensions on it. Not sure if he ever made it though.
Do you still have a rappy? Or just the bike?
Nope no Rappy anymore I have the bike and my wife has a banshee. I plan on getting another rappy here shortly.

I heard another bike up there but sounded over on the other side like on mabee mines area. I went up about 2 miles and took that left. That's where I've always dropped off the wheeler to go in. A buddy of mine's cousin lives down on tucker rd there.

·
Crash Test Pilot
315 Posts
since ya'll didnt get together last wkend maybe we should all go this wkend. supposed to be dry.:hijack:

·
El Jefe de la Hill
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Man what a day...everything went bad in a matter of 3-4 hours. Well the weather wasn't bad at all but my luck was. I started my sinking the truck and trailer, then my battery took a cap and it took me about an hour to figure it out. Went to the drag racing spot and got my ass kicked by the slowest bike there ridden by a woman....of course the bike wasn't running right. That was another hour to figure out it was sand in the carbs. That sand came from the truck of sand my son threw at me and the quad when he towed us back to the trailer after the battery died. I got everything figured out and go back to the spot where no one is racing now. After a little while a guy came with a yz450 dirt bike and we raced. Well just when we crossed the finish line the bushing of the clutch face plate comes off and ruined the clutch cover, dented both clutches, and almost ruined my day. I kept on riding and after a while went back to drag race and the exhaust pipe of the rear cyl popped off and I went home. Can't complaint much...it was my first time ever at the sand with this bike, new motor and carbs. Bike ran good except the rich transiction I was having from idle to WOT.

Racing my son's yfz...we still had a blast though.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Holy smokes pipo you had a real run of bad luck man! Looked like the weather wasn't too bad though. Atleast you got to go out and work some bugs out before the season starts.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Nope no Rappy anymore I have the bike and my wife has a banshee. I plan on getting another rappy here shortly.

I heard another bike up there but sounded over on the other side like on mabee mines area. I went up about 2 miles and took that left. That's where I've always dropped off the wheeler to go in. A buddy of mine's cousin lives down on tucker rd there.
My brother n law had an 07 crf450x. He loved it but ended up trading it for an 88250r that is real clean. Not sure if that was a good decision or not but he'll figure it out when I whoop his ass on the dunes this summer:D
What's your buddy's buddy's name? I might know him!

since ya'll didnt get together last wkend maybe we should all go this wkend. supposed to be dry.:hijack:
Yeah man I might be down for that! What about you pipo and gotboost?
I have a ground issue on my rappy right now but I'll hopefully get it figured out by this weekend. If nothing else I'll ride with my headlights on all day LOL somehow when I turn the lights on it bridges the engine ground and the SOB runs like a champ haha!

·
954 Posts
My brother n law had an 07 crf450x. He loved it but ended up trading it for an 88250r that is real clean. Not sure if that was a good decision or not but he'll figure it out when I whoop his ass on the dunes this summer:D
What's your buddy's buddy's name? I might know him!

Yeah man I might be down for that! What about you pipo and gotboost?
I have a ground issue on my rappy right now but I'll hopefully get it figured out by this weekend. If nothing else I'll ride with my headlights on all day LOL somehow when I turn the lights on it bridges the engine ground and the SOB runs like a champ haha!
The guy who lives up tucker is Steve. He's a work at home as a welder fabricator. He build a machine that picks up 2 pieces of large diameter pipe (sewer/drainage) and welds it together automaticlly. He sells the machines for about $30k-$40k each. He's able to build about 4-5 a year and sell them. Has an old blue ranger pickup with a big block chevy and I think toyota axles under it.

I might be down for a weekend ride. But personally would rather go dirt riding since I don't have paddles on it right now.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
I'm pretty sure I know the steve your talking about! He kinda looks like a rabbit with gray hair? And really cool. He rides and arctic cat 4 wheel drive quad.
I dunno about sand lake! But I'm down for some mountain ridin since it's a lot closer!

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
I would like to get as much ridin in as possible because I'm going out to intel to build the new expansion in hilsborough and it's a minimum of 6 10's but I guaran damn tee it'll turn into 7 12's by the summer.

·
El Jefe de la Hill
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm done with dirt until the Army moves me back to the East.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts