Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need your guys opinion on what type of sand paddles brand, sizes to get all around. My future mods are Stage 3 hot cam and a CP 11:1 piston. I do alot of dune riding and racing. Any input will be appreciated....

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
20 inch 8 paddle haulers or extremes! :)

·
THE SAND DUNES HAVE RULES ----- "Follow Them"-
732 Posts
skat trac 21x12x8, 7 paddle extremes.8)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was looking into the Itp Sand Stars, I haven't heard about the Skat Traks, the next questions to ask is the more paddle the better or less paddles.....

·
THE SAND DUNES HAVE RULES ----- "Follow Them"-
732 Posts
I was looking into the Itp Sand Stars, I haven't heard about the Skat Traks, the next questions to ask is the more paddle the better or less paddles.....
Sand stars are very heavy tires. paddle amount depends on power output & lenght of swingarm among other things. I run 7 paddle, works with my mods- "in my sig".;)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The swing Arm is stock I don't know what the stock size is...

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
Skat Trak are the bee's knees when it comes to paddles!

·
8SEVENTY3
1,336 Posts
I would go with an 8 or 9 paddle hauler, 20 or 22 inches tall, 8 or 10 inch rim......theres a couple combinations that would be just fine for someone that just need some good traction in sand. But on a stock arm I wouldnt over paddle it. I ran a 22 inch 10 paddle hauler 10 inch rim when I had a stock arm with the big 3 and it was really tough to keep the front end down.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
I need your guys opinion on what type of sand paddles brand, sizes to get all around. My future mods are Stage 3 hot cam and a CP 11:1 piston. I do alot of dune riding and racing. Any input will be appreciated....
If you're racing you're going to want 21-22" Skat Haulers. There may be debate among others in terms of whether you want regular haulers or extreme haulers and how many paddles to go with, but I would expect most to suggest 22".

Personally, I think 22x11-8 with 7-8 Paddles would be right up your alley. I like to run regular haulers vs extremes. I started with the extreme paddles, on a smaller 20" tire and a tall rim. They were great tires, but I've learned better since then. I have been running regulars for years since and have never ripped off any paddles. The extremes are stronger because they are thicker, but they are not taller. They are also heavier and flatten out the contact patch of the tire which inhibits growth at speed, not attributes I value in the sand.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Padla Brats or Haulers. Hands down!! Anything else and you will get worked in the drag!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Haulers. I don't miss my V-paddle Sand Sharks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts