Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost summer and looking what to run on the Raptor.

Barker Duals, K&n Filter, PCIII.
(MABY Boss Noss to come) not sure.
Stock Swingarm

I will be riding at Silver Lake, price dosnt matter just looking for what would be best.

Like what would i run with the Big 3
And what would i run with the Big 3 with Boss Noss.

Thanks guys.

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
If you're looking for the best tire to race with your buddies at the "testing area" at SL then I'd suggest some 22x11-8 Skat Haulers or Skat Extremes, 8 paddle would be my thought to work best with the big 3 and from what I've seen they still hook well with a boss noss system too.

When I'm not drag racing I have a lot of fun out there with just a set of 20" Sandstars.

I run 22" front sandstars regardless, as I like the wider tire and dual rib, the extra half inch of ground clearance isn't bad either. If you're looking for something light weight for those races I'd agree with a Skat Trak Mowhawk, just get the buffed one to save the weight and still be duneable.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i run 22" haulers. best tire iv had. sand stars are ok but i swear by haulers.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
I ran barkers with a K&N intake and a PCIII at Silver Lake, and used 22x11x8 8 paddle haulers...and it was a great setup. The launch was a little tricky because it would float up on a second gear WOT launch on occasion, so I stepped up to a +3 swingarm. That was ideal, I could get a great launch every time, very little lifting and not too much tire spin.

I ended up adding a 20 shot of nitrous to it, and used the same tires and swingarm. That was a fun setup...but not very practical... I could have definitely used a +4 or +6 swingarm. I had to let off the throttle 99% of the time in second gear because the nose was staring up at the sky while racing. The tires had plenty of hook for a 3 mod and a 20 shot, but they weren't too much for general duning.

Like MD said, some 21x12x8 8 paddle haulers or 22x11x8 8 paddle haulers will work great. You may even want to consider some 7 paddle haulers....they will spin a bit more with the nitrous, but if you plan on keeping the stock swingarm...that wont be a bad thing. Plus the 7s will be better for general cruising around.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Like MD said, some 21x12x8 8 paddle haulers or 22x11x8 8 paddle haulers will work great. You may even want to consider some 7 paddle haulers....they will spin a bit more with the nitrous, but if you plan on keeping the stock swingarm...that wont be a bad thing. Plus the 7s will be better for general cruising around.
My guess i will do more cruising around with the big 3. Not much drag racing

What would be the best for high speed general cruising?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dont care much for Geckos. Have Skat Trac Extremes and Mohawks....love em!

·
Registered
366 Posts
The Kenda front tires are a lot cheaper if your just doing general duning.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ive got a set of 20 inch 8 paddle extremes for sale they would work great for ya PM me if your interested

·
Registered
42 Posts
I personally have tried 3 different sets of paddles until I finally spoke to Dave at Fullerton Sand Sports, he is the tire guru.

He sold me on a pair of 22 x 12 x 8 with a 7 paddle extreme. At first I was like WHAT that seems so weird and against other opinions on the forums pages asking the same question as yourself. After Dave explained to me a few times why this was a great set up. I finally pulled the trigger and purchased the tires (listed above).

Another thing to consider is the actual casing (mine is a Trexter). This also plays a role in the tire RO and the weight, before you buff the tire. Also run the tires around 4PSI

After owning 3 sets before. I wish I would have talked to Dave before I spent close to a grand on tires.

The hook up is great and many guys are shocked how fast my launch is and I do not even have to let off the throttle since my front end rarely comes off the ground.

For the fronts, I bought the Mohawks and I am very happy with them.

This sounds like a weird size tire. Just talk to Dave and you will better understand. I hope this helps.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts