Discussion Starter #1
I have sand stars 22x11x10,

I have two choices of wheels, both blue labels, 10x8 or 10x9,

Which ones and why?

Thank You.

·
El Jefe de la Hill
1,593 Posts
Any of the 2 would work for you...is not like you're gonna drag race with those paddles anyway.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You PIPO for your input,

But any pros or cons?

Thank You

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
From what I hear smaller rims allow for more float so they don't sink as much in the sand. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong...

·
Super Moderator
17,060 Posts
Diameter is a much bigger factor in that equation Stuckey, but yes you are correct. As the dimensions of the wheel decrease, given the same size tire, it will cause the tire to balloon out more which allows for better flotation.

No amount of shrinking the width of the wheel of a 10" rim will get you anywhere near the tire profile of a 22" tire on an 8" rim though.

·
Super Moderator
17,060 Posts
Can you rephrase that for me?
It doesn't matter how skinny a 10" diameter wheel is, you can't match the profile of the same overall diameter tire on an 8" diameter rim. In other words, a 22" tire on a 10" rim will have a different, and IMO less desirable, profile than a 22" tire on an 8" rim.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, so i should go with the 10x8?

I just want to make sure of the size, this are my first paddles, and its true I want them for "play" in the dunes, maybe later I will buy straight paddles.

Thank You for your inputs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts