Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to buy some sand tires and rims and the tire dimension on the raptor is 20x10x9. Would the dimension 20x10x8 for sand tires and rims fit on the raptor

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks alot

·
Registered
494 Posts
They would do fine. I run 20-10-10 Skat Trak 8 Paddle haulers. The larger the rim, the better cornering you will have. 8" rims, may ride softer, but thats the only benefit I can think of.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glamis700 said:
They would do fine. I run 20-10-10 Skat Trak 8 Paddle haulers. The larger the rim, the better cornering you will have. 8" rims, may ride softer, but thats the only benefit I can think of.
Do you know somepeople that use the skat trak edge? I was going to go with those or the haulers.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I got a set of Edge's for my Raptor recently. Used them once so far. Jury is still out in my mind on whether or not the will be my primary ride tires or secondary/play tires. Need to compare them (on the same day/sand conditions) to some straight paddle haulers to see how much "get up and go" I'm loosing with the V paddle.

My first ride impression:

Wheelie's a little difficult to get going (does not wheelie "on command").

Quad felt quick and climbed the hills well.

Seemed a little squirely at higher speeds. Nothing dangerous or uncontrollable, only different than the straight paddles I have used. The paddles where not lined up with each other which could of been the problem.

Can do 360's all day long and turn sharp at higher speeds. This can be a lot of fun and is a huge improvement over straight paddles.

Edges used: 20 x 11 x 10 8p
Haulers used: 21 x 12 x 8 7extreme p

A compromise between acceleration/turning might be the 20 x 10 x 10 8p haulers. They will never manuever as good as the Edges but should be better than the Haulers I tried in that cateogory. Haven't tried them yet so don't know for sure.

·
Registered
93 Posts
hey I was told by the guys a ct racing that you should have a light paddle tire with just a little bite on it. they said the sand stars were not good for the rappy because they had too much paddle to them and were way to heavy.

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
btac said:
I'm trying to buy some sand tires and rims and the tire dimension on the raptor is 20x10x9. Would the dimension 20x10x8 for sand tires and rims fit on the raptor
The last number is the rim size. OEM rims are 9" diameter, the tires you're looking at fit on an 8" diameter rim. So if you're trying to put those sand tires on the OEM rims, they will NOT fit.

LHCRAPPY said:
hey I was told by the guys a ct racing that you should have a light paddle tire with just a little bite on it. they said the sand stars were not good for the rappy because they had too much paddle to them and were way to heavy.
If you're drag racing sure, but for a recreational rider the Sand Stars are an excellent paddle. Probably the best rec tire in the price range. Only SS2 and Edges would be better for rec riders IMO, and both are considerably more expensive.

·
Registered
63 Posts
yes it would. wat do u like to do? if u like to drag race then i would reccomend 22x11x8 8 paddle. if u are a all around dune rider then stick to regualr size, juss my opinoon

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks. I like the hauler just cuz it looks sick on the bike, but I notice on my old 660 it was alittle slower in turning. I think im going to do the edge tires. I dont do much dragging anymore since I got rid of my 660.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
xxparoleexx said:
...dune and have fun, get an angled paddle!
You saying you can't have fun on a straight paddles :3question: I don't drag race much, but when I do I don't want to loose because of my paddles :crazy: Oh and I have plenty of fun on straight paddles. If you want to slide throw on the stockers and go crazy :thumbsup: JMO

·
Registered
25 Posts
My point was that for dunning, angled paddles are preferred by most, and for hill climbing or drag racing, you would want a straight paddle tire! Thats just what the tread designers have in mind... what you do with them is entirely up to you!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.