Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be running the dunes this summer, and I am looking for some used tires. I have found from 20 to 22 inch tires. Motor is stock, have an HMF slip on, optimizer, and running K&N airfilter with a pre filter and the open style pre filter airbox lid. Are 22's going to be too much tire ? I was thinking I wanted to stick with 20's but found some good used 22's.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I'd think not if they weren't over an 8 paddle tire I could be wrong. But I'm gonna sale mine for some 22' 9 paddle for the new build in signature.

·
Modding Maniac
3,052 Posts
I am going to be running the dunes this summer, and I am looking for some used tires. I have found from 20 to 22 inch tires. Motor is stock, have an HMF slip on, optimizer, and running K&N airfilter with a pre filter and the open style pre filter airbox lid. Are 22's going to be too much tire ? I was thinking I wanted to stick with 20's but found some good used 22's.
You could run stock sizing paddles and be fine. I run Maxxis Blades and they work perfect. I couldn't be any happier with the way they perform.

From what I gather the straight paddles are good for dragging and hill climbing and the V paddles are a good all around sand tire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts