Raptor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got home with my Skat trak haulers, 22 x 11 x 8, they are the Ultra lights. I weighed my stock set of rear tires and wheels and the new Ultra lights on 8 X 8 douglas wheels and they are a whopping 9 pounds lighter. The tires are shaved thinner and not as strong, so if you are doing more tree climbs down in the woods and stumps and roots might be an issue. If you are only riding sand it's hard to pass up that much weight savings. Is anyone else using these tires? :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
i dont use those tires but they look good
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
783 Posts
digitalhearing said:
I just got home with my Skat trak haulers, 22 x 11 x 8, they are the Ultra lights. I weighed my stock set of rear tires and wheels and the new Ultra lights on 8 X 8 douglas wheels and they are a whopping 9 pounds lighter. The tires are shaved thinner and not as strong, so if you are doing more tree climbs down in the woods and stumps and roots might be an issue. If you are only riding sand it's hard to pass up that much weight savings. Is anyone else using these tires? :thumbsup:
Be careful man. They are paper thin and unfortunately will pop with the first hazard you run over. I used to run ULs when I was straight racing up compy hill and thats all. Most will not dune with a UL because they will simply not last. They just do not have the sidewall strength to hold up. I ride nothing but sand up and down the west coast. Glamis, Dumont, Pismo, Sand Mt Nv, Winchester, Florence, Coos Bay etc and I would dune with ULs at any of them.... You may want to get a reg set of Haulers and then swith back and forth for dragging and duning... Thats what I used to do. At one point I would bring 3 different sets of paddles to the dunes with me for different applications..

·
Registered
511 Posts
same set i just bought about 2 weeks ago and better hook up for me up the hill and flat runs. so far so good!! but i am real happy with the hookup.

·
Registered
219 Posts
What was the weight of one tire/wheel on your ultra lights?? I'll have to do some digging, but I've got the weight of my 22x11x8 8-paddle extremes on blue label wheels written down somewhere. I'd be interested in seeing what the weight difference is between regular and UL.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Found it... These are the weights for my 22x11x8 8-paddle extremes on blue label rims.

Left Tire/Wheel WT = 12#

Right Tire/Wheel WT = 12.5#

Don't know how accurate it is, as I did it on a bathroom scale with me standing on it holding the tires, but at least the scale was digital, so it's accurate to some degree

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nwquadriders said:
Found it... These are the weights for my 22x11x8 8-paddle extremes on blue label rims.

Left Tire/Wheel WT = 12#

Right Tire/Wheel WT = 12.5#

Don't know how accurate it is, as I did it on a bathroom scale with me standing on it holding the tires, but at least the scale was digital, so it's accurate to some degree
I have the weights written down at home, after work i'll post the weight of the ultra lights ;)

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
My standard weight/buff 22'' x 11'' x 8'' 8 paddle haulers on blue labels weight 10.2 lbs each on my longacre race scales. They are on Nankang dominator carcase's. I'm curious how much lighter the ultra light triple buffs are.

·
Registered
219 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
My standard weight/buff 22'' x 11'' x 8'' 8 paddle haulers on blue labels weight 10.2 lbs each on my longacre race scales. They are on Nankang dominator carcase's. I'm curious how much lighter the ultra light triple buffs are.
My extremes are on the Kenda Dominator carcass. I weighed mine while holding them on my digital bathroom scale. Subtracted the weight of my gigantic arse and got the number I posted above. Probably not the most accurate, but darn close.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
nwquadriders said:
RaptorRandy27 said:
My extremes are on the Kenda Dominator carcass. I weighed mine while holding them on my digital bathroom scale. Subtracted the weight of my gigantic arse and got the number I posted above. Probably not the most accurate, but darn close.

Huh, I didn't think there would be that much weight difference between the extremes and the standard weight haulers.
Did I just get lucky or is this the norm? I think my scales are accurate at least they were dead nuts on last time we had them checked. I know when I stand on each one of them (there are 4) that they weight me right to the pound of what I weight on the beam scales at the gym and they all say the same thing :3question:

·
Registered
219 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
nwquadriders said:
RaptorRandy27 said:

Huh, I didn't think there would be that much weight difference between the extremes and the standard weight haulers.
Did I just get lucky or is this the norm? I think my scales are accurate at least they were dead nuts on last time we had them checked. I know when I stand on each one of them (there are 4) that they weight me right to the pound of what I weight on the beam scales at the gym and they all say the same thing :3question:
There's a lot more rubber on the paddles on extremes than on the standard paddle...whether or not it is 2 more pounds is hard to say. My guess is your scales are more accurate than my bathroom scale...but I would expect my tires to weigh at least a pound more than yours.

Do you have the Nankang carcass or the Kenda??? I know the Kenda carcass weighs more than the Nankang...because when Skat Trak switched over lots of people were bitching about the heavier tires. That's when they started doing all the extra "buff", "double buff", "triple buff bead to bead", etc...

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just weighed an ultra light skat trak haulers 22 x 11 x 8 mounted on an 8 x 8 douglas blue label. It weighed 12.8 lbs on a new digital scale on a new hardwood floor :grin_nod: There is no label as far as on the carcas, the entire tire has been rubbed off so I don't know what brand it was originally. This weight isn't too impressive considering some of you guys are coming in lighter. I think they will perform well, and that's what I am after. AND they DO look Bad Ass !! I can't wait to get them pushed back 4 inches further. :thumbsup:

OH, and these are 10 paddles

·
Registered
219 Posts
digitalhearing said:
I just weighed an ultra light skat trak haulers 22 x 11 x 8 mounted on an 8 x 8 douglas blue label. It weighed 12.8 lbs on a new digital scale on a new hardwood floor :grin_nod: There is no label as far as on the carcas, the entire tire has been rubbed off so I don't know what brand it was originally. This weight isn't too impressive considering some of you guys are coming in lighter. I think they will perform well, and that's what I am after. AND they DO look Bad Ass !! I can't wait to get them pushed back 4 inches further. :thumbsup:

OH, and these are 10 paddles
The extra 2 paddles will add some weight...wouldn't expect that much.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Maybe our scales are like Dyno Machines, They all very a little bit? And OH YA,,, I am at sea level and the AIR is more dense and heavier here, so Mine WILL weigh more than yours. :rofl:

·
Registered
219 Posts
digitalhearing said:
Maybe our scales are like Dyno Machines, They all very a little bit? And OH YA,,, I am at sea level and the AIR is more dense and heavier here, so Mine WILL weigh more than yours. :rofl:
Oh yea...well, my scale goes from 0-230 faster than your scale does :lol:

·
Registered
661 Posts
i just bought 22'' rippers and i will be putting them on jj and a 3 spoke with drag cut blue label wheels. when i get them in i will wiegh them up, them post it up.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The Rippers have taller treads than the haulers and the extreme's :3question: How many paddles are they? are you concerned about too much traction??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.