Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have white plastics on my raptor and there slightly faded, im trying to find a way to make them shine up again and hold off on buying new ones...any ideas?

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Shave That Plastic... at first that is what I thought the name of the thread was called. I think you should shave it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If they are dirty, try using a Magic Eraser with Lemon Pledge or Meguires interior detail spray. They both work great.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
lemon pledge works wonders!!!

·
Registered
369 Posts
If they are dirty, try using a Magic Eraser with Lemon Pledge or Meguires interior detail spray. They both work great.
thats what i used to do when i had my 660 magic erasers and greased lighting it will prob take the shine outta it but it will make them like a bright white

·
Registered
238 Posts
Maybe check into having them powder coated. Might even be cheaper than a of plastics.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Powder coated plastics! Now thats funny LOL. Sorry you opened the door and i took advantage LOL.

Painted would be better, Maier plastics is another idea. And once they are clean im wondering if a heat gun would work or even a blow torch? I think some of the bro's on here did that and helps the shine come back if im not mistaken. Just an idea...

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Frenchie, a blow torch:lol: I would shave them:thumbsup: Or if you want to spend alot, get new plastics, Maier are good, Laker are great, and if you have alot of money, FullBore is best.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Ya a blow torch to take the scratches off a little melting shouldent be to bad just dont go crazy! Like i do ?*?%?kbkbj&??*(mnln*(7*(& !!! LMAO

·
Registered
36 Posts
Lemon Pledge does an amazing job.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Good to know! I got a little trick also for you when you want to sell a car and its lightly scratched. Did this for a friend selling his truck...I use some vegtable oil on the scratches and they disapear. Lemon pledge should work alot better.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Maxima SC1 works great for scratchs. as the can says new quad in a can. It also helps keep the dirt and mudd off. A magic eraser works great fro getting the stuck in dirt that will make it look stained.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Oh ya the baked on plastic filmy dirt/mud!

·
Registered
6,985 Posts

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
Frenchie, the torch/heat gun thing is for getting those white flex marks out of your plastics. Ya know when you bend the plastic real bad and it gets those white stress/flex marks in them? You take a heat gun and work the spots where the marks are and the disappear, just be real careful or you'll melt them especially if you use a torch!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Powder coated plastics! Now thats funny LOL. Sorry you opened the door and i took advantage LOL.

Painted would be better, Maier plastics is another idea. And once they are clean im wondering if a heat gun would work or even a blow torch? I think some of the bro's on here did that and helps the shine come back if im not mistaken. Just an idea...
They make a flex powder for powder coating plastics.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts