Raptor Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just sent my letter & joined (liked) your facebook page. Thank you for your efforts on this on all of our behalves.
Chad F.

·
Registered
544 Posts
thanks LBR! the least we can all do on this forum is to write an email to you to be read.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
thanks LBR! the least we can all do on this forum is to write an email to you to be read.
Your letter was killer Joe, however one bested yours IMO....dude from Michigan wrote and. Said how he and his family travel from Michigan to Glamis for their sand dune experiences...frickin WOW!....got another from Kansas the other day and turned in Saturday

Each letter weigh heavily @ the meetings, we emailed to the Forest Service dude that is compiling all meeting info together for final submitting to the FS..and STRD will confirm that each letter is in that final document because we submitted them on everyones behalf....

Hope we can get 500 from this forum....10 minutes of ones time....plus the same letter can be sent to 100 different state, federal officials plus your local Letters To The Editor!!....power to the internet!......STRD

·
The Moose Rider
1,644 Posts
will it do you guys any good to get letters from out of staters that have never been there but are planning to someday?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
We belive so......even tho your not directly impacted by this, make sure the letters highlight you feel future generations should be allowed to enjoy their public lands as you have....the government is wanting to lock down the land and rubber stamp them "off limits" to riders.....am hoping all can acknowledge this happening.....Lance

·
Registered
544 Posts
My sister just graduated with her BS in environmental science w/ minor in ecology and even she and her husband love riding the dune buggy at winchester.

I plan on getting a BS in biology.. What these people don't understand is that us duners Love nature just as much as everyone else, and I don't think it should be against the law for me or any one else to enjoy the gift we've been blessed with.

Please write in people! It only takes a few minutes of your thoughts to make some sort of a combined effort to safe the dunes.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Save The Riders Dunes wants to give a zillion Kudos to the Northwest Sand Deuces for their "horrifically" generous offer....a stepping up to the plate with 50/50 matching funds pledge, .....we are still in awe at their generosity for "Protecting our Riding Rights on our Public Lands".....more info to come as details get ironed out regarding their pledge......How about everyone joining them on Facebook @ Northwest Sand Deuces (and Save The Riders Dunes, of course!!) WooHoo!!

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Im from Canada up north! Can i help in any way.

Never been to the US but i do plan on getting down there to ride with my friends from raptor forum one day soon! I feal strongly that what has been acquired in the past should not be taken away. I can understand the noise and the efforts the riders are making to change this. Arent we now up to a point saturated by laws and bills that we have to punish every category of people for what they do in their spare time. Whats is so damaging about people wanting to share the glory of your great expanses. Oceans of sand that will become more and more taken out from the memories of our childrens. When we start putting up boundries in this great land of yours how am i, as a tourist a friend, a cousin welcomed to enjoy the most beautifull places on earth. Where will i be able to share a friendly laugh and a heart felt hand shake from friends that want to keep riding and playing. Nature is grand, nature is for everyone to enjoy. Can we be respected in the way we want to enjoy this nature. Rare are the places remaining to let loose and not feal the stress from day to day work. Dont we as riders, nature lovers, familys have a right to enjoy ourselfes with the little pleasures in life. By taking away and closing these areas what will we be left with for future generations. Whats next? I guess changing the constitution wouldent be so far fetched to include: By the people for the people with bans, rules, laws, restrictions and tears...

I am going to miss your freedoms without even having a chance to taste them with all my American brothers and sisters. My heart goes out to all of you and please keep these riding pardises open for all to enjoy forever and ever.

Sincerely yours...

Camil-Sébastien Cléroux

Hope this helps and i really meant it!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Done

where are these dunes?

We got good news this week, The Geko at dumont did not qualify for endangered species so it is wide open again...Yea

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
where are these dunes?

We got good news this week, The Geko at dumont did not qualify for endangered species so it is wide open again...Yea
These are the ODNRA dunes in Oregon....we have 3 main dune areas...Florence, Winchester Bay and North Bend that is being affected by these proposed trail closures.....more information can be had at Save The Riders Dunes on FaceBook...Thanx for asking!....Lance

21 - 35 of 35 Posts