Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever check out Durhamtown in Union Point,Ga? We went this past weekend, and my 700 didn't lose on the drag strip all day! Won't go this weekend due to xmas, but maybe week after! Over 2,000 acres and 200 miles of trails!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey hows it going? any pics of this place ?A couple of my buddies are talking about this place and are planning a trip out there and was wondering how good it was.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Durhamtown is really nice if u r into riding tracks. the trails r good also. the big difference btw durhamtown and CAW is the tracks. DT has bot 6 u can ride caw has 1. trail are bot the same. Dt trail seem 2b a little faster 2 me.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Durhamtown trails are wide, and have good straight aways. Several videos of the trails at both parks can be viewed on youtube. Dale, Im dead smack in the middle of both parks, but never been to CAW. How did you managae to blow up the 700? Mud pit?

·
Registered
553 Posts
probably going to d-town playstation this sunday ...... look for the 16 ft YELLOW old ryder truck full of raptor 660s and parts :) ....

overall ... it's a great place to ride .......but ..........

the food SUCKS BAD !

the trails are SUPER HIGHWAYS compared to just about ANYWHERE ! except you dune guys !

250 miles they say, not sure they are all open though, the most we've hit is about 70-80 miles a day! usually the high speeds and rough terrain eat a quad around 50 miles ...

you GOTTA have safety gear to ride the MX tracks ... else the "pro's" will bitch .. especially when you land on them :)

BRING plenty of GAS ... there ain't none no where near there !!! it's in BFE !

no night rides due to hunting!

they close at 4:30-6:30pm at the latest !

leave the GPS at home .... follow their directions ...

no real hill climbs .... easy trails ... bring the family !

LOTS of features ... monster mountain , red lands , tracks for EVERYTHING ! drags , flat , kids , juniors etc etc !

cabins * camping = EXPENSIVE !

they have a COMPLETE PRO SHOP .. tires , wears , gear , rental quad FLEET etc !

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
^ And those, ladies & gentlemen, are the highs and lows of DT! :lol:
Had a blast last weekend. There was 450 YFZ that was killing everyone in the 300'. He would play with them and try to shame them. I pulled up on the old "WHITE LIGHTNING", green light comes, we both take off perfect! Neck in neck, with me starting in 2cnd, I shift to 3rd! HotCam wakes up at this point. I glance to my left and there is no 450 in sight. :D I stand up, on the quad, jump and land on the back seat, and pull her up in 4th crossing the line. Now I'm not into show boating much, but he had been doing so all day, so it was only fair. After the race, we normally come back around, congradulate, speculate, etc etc, but this sore loser hauls ass back to the parking lot! Furious he lost :mad: I thought he may be going back for his ol pistola,:sniper: so White Lightning and I quietly shuffled off the trails...;) To BEAST some more!8)

DURHAMTOWN LADIES AND GENTS! THIS SATURDAY 3/16 & SUNDAY 3/17 *WEATHER PENDING* Bring lots of money! Oh, and your pistola if you drag:mp5:

·
Registered
553 Posts
damn ... we made the moto mountain mistake AGAIN on Sunday ... 20 minutes in ... 2 dead quad batteries , from being stuck in ruts big enough to park a CAR IN ! I head back for jumper cables and puncture a tire 2 miles from them ... ride back on it ... the hosts takes my cables to go jump them .. he disappears for 3 hours with them ... my guys get a jump off someone else and make it back in about an hour later ... one of them towed since he snapped a BRAND NEW chain on the way back ... we cobble 2 quads back together .. then one of them -OFFS- it on -so called- track A ... ending the day ripping a wheel off and bruising up his whole right side ... it's a shame to pay $25 for NO TRAIL GROOMING AT ALL !!!!! ... when the US GOV only charges $5 and they GROOM at least once a YEAR !!! with volunteers going once a month to patch it up !!! needless to say ... I don't think ANYONE wants to go back there ... EVER !!!! Every time we go there ... someone breaks and ball joint and pops a tire !! $150-200 in parts EVERY TIME !!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts