Raptor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Did you view their diagram of how it works? They want you to believe that adding a RESTRICTION into the intake side of the engine will actually increase the efficiency... You're better off adding another $100-$200 and getting your head ported, it'll actually make a difference.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Aside from the occasional anecdotal "butt dyno" improvements often shared by people with questionable reliability/knowledge I have yet to see any evidence that they work at all let alone are worth the cost.

Your money is best spent elsewhere.

·
Master of the Electron
15,629 Posts
Think about it for a moment... with every bike/quad manufacturer hot to try to outdo their competitors, if this added any real power, don't you think they'd be using it? Damn thing should only cost about $2 to build into their existing intake boots...

It's fake. It's crap.

·
Registered
323 Posts
this things about like them (increase your manhood pills) if they really work't, everybody would use them8) crap,crap,mega crap

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Honestly guys, they do work but not in the manner they claim. :D

·
Registered
532 Posts
Explain?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I've seen these things for years and have talked to people that have used them, if they work they give you a slight edge on the bottom end on the throttle, but hurt in the top end because of the restriction they cause in the throttle bore............:)

BUT it isnt worth it..................:D

·
Registered
532 Posts
Thanks

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
"SCARY FAST POWER NOW"
sounds like a description of a willykiller 3-plugger to me! :)

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Red Reaper Eyes

rukind, I want that same design as you have on your quad, but red instead of the yellow.
I am going to mess with it in photoshop. I have had a few people ask about more red. let me see what we "chris" can do for me. If anyone find a cool picture send them to me.

·
Master of the Electron
15,629 Posts
Thanks, Willy - I chalk that up to a lot of the other things that give some extremely small, marginal improvement - If I'm racing and I need that 1/100th of a second to win, I'll do everything I can. If I'm riding for pleasure, I'll never notice the difference.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i hear finding an old sock and stuffing it in your intake may increase power and its free! Only thing scary about it is how fast your bike is without it. lol. im sure in tiny print its somewhere....

i mean thats why fcrs have better throttle respons/power no? no butter fly restriction and no vacuum slide. Its why yamaha went with a 42mm carb stock on the 2012 yfz instead of 39 fcr.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts