Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having nothing but problems with the nuts and flanges on my exhaust studs. I understand saving weight but the aluminium flanges are SO soft then just folded under the pressure and the bolts would back off. Because my header pipes are so large it would take 8 years to tighten it back up :rolleyes: 1/16th turn at a time....

SO we barrowed :D a few flanges (steel) from a stock hyabusa header that was laying around and spent a lot of time making the hole bigger and reaming out the stud holes as they were offset too far out.

Back to those damn bolts :mad: I HATE those bolts. Did I mention the 1/16 at a time to tighten them up? :rolleyes: If you ask why, look how close the head is to the header pipe. Now imagine a bolt there and theres no room (hardly any) to put a wrench on it. So Dale came up with the idea of improvising by pulling the studs alltogether and drive in allen bolts. :thumbsup: GOOD CALL DALE! The Allen bolts are SO MUCH easier to thread in :D

BOOYA!!!

·
Registered
881 Posts
Looks good but I'd feel safer with studs that way I could remove exhaust and instead of wearing out threads in the head it would be on a replaceable stud. But I do get the ease of use with allen heads.

·
Registered
881 Posts
How often do you pull your exhaust?
This is all I use on all LS race motors that I build. You just can not over TQ them.
Well since march when i bought my quad i took the stock headers off and replaced them with the procircuit kit.. Then pulled them off to wrap the headers because they got A LOT hotter than the stockers.... Pulled them off and replaced them with my monster duals. In february I'm going to be pulling them off again ;) I cant wait for my taxes :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts