Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering upgrading my standard front shocks to SE shocks. Out of curiosity, I looked up the part for the SE rear shock, and sure enough it has a different part number and is slightly more expensive than the standard rear shock. :3question: Is the SE rear shock really different from the regular rear shock, or just a different color or something???

·
Registered
243 Posts
are you dead set on the SE shocks or have you considered going with yfz shocks? I havent had any experience with SE shocks but you will love the YFZ shocks if you decide to go that direction.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
sysnxt said:
are you dead set on the SE shocks or have you considered going with yfz shocks? I havent had any experience with SE shocks but you will love the YFZ shocks if you decide to go that direction.
The rear wont fit though so he would have to go another route in the back.

·
Registered
97 Posts
YFZ shocks are inferior to the SE shocks and lower the quad too much. Way overrated IMO, try to find a used set of SE shocks, will be hard as they are excellent. I had an 06 with YFZ shocks, and now have an 07SE. I could never go back to wither a stock raptor or a raptor with YFZ fronts anfter experianceing the SE suspension. Its set up perfectly for the raptor with no loss of ground clearance.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
YFZ shocks lower the quad too much
That is what those two serrated nuts on the top are for. If you install YFZ shocks , you should check sag and ride height. The relationship between front and rear ride heights is important.

No matter what shock you put on your bike, if you don't set it up right, you may as well save your money.

·
Registered
243 Posts
i have not noticed my quad sitting any lower than it was stock, with the stock yfz adjustments yes, now after adjusting the sag, no

·
Registered
988 Posts
I wanted the 700 to sit lower as well as get better suspension performance to have it close to a 450.....I love the 450 shocks in it and it sits excatly where i like it, Im gonna look into a set of SE 450 shocks soon in the future 2 try out also

·
Registered
273 Posts
Whats a good price for YFZs. The best I've found is like 200-250.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey thanks for all the responses and the ebay ads! :thumbsup: I really want SE shocks for the proper weight rating and ride height. I am surprised the SE rear is so different that it won't even mount up. :confused: Glad I asked! I'll probably go with SE fronts and my stock rear, and hope this isn't too much of a mismatch. 8)

·
Registered
988 Posts
Youll be fine, theres plenty of ways 2 make everything work out

1 - 15 of 15 Posts