Raptor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm one of the bigger lads with an SE. I'm about 230 in the birthday suit, probably 245ish all geared up. I've got my rear preload to max, other stuff at mid range. The rear is a little soft, the front seem to be quite adequate. My question is, if I get my rear shock redone by TCS, or just go with a spring upgrade, do I need to do anything to the fronts? Also, once I get the proper spring rate on the back, will that bring my front sag adjustment in line? Cause right now, it doesn't have much rider sag at all. Doesn't seem to matter if the preload on the front is cranked or not. Oh, I mostly ride forest type trails, nothing too wild or crazy.

thanks for help.

MK

·
Registered
965 Posts
The stock fronts are just fine. I also weigh 230, and the front shocks are more than enough for me. In fact...they are still on the stock settings.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Yeah I have a couple rides on mine now and the fronts feel great. Yes the stiffer rear spring incresed my front sag measurements.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'll sell you my front SE shocks for $400 plus shipping! Than I can put that money towards elkas to create BLING.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone ever try these guys out?

http://www.stadiumsuspension.com/en/modvtt.html

They seem to be offering the same services as TCS. I know that Stadium has been around for some time. If memory serves me correct, the guys that started Stadium were part of the original Elka crew. Both outfits are in Quebec.

MK

·
Registered
464 Posts
Glad you asked this question Tiggy, I've been contemplating what to do with my suspension. So basically somone like myself (I'm 250lbs) would benefit just having the rear shock revalved and a bigger spring for my weight. The local shop wanted $700 to redo all my shocks but I didn't know if I needed to drop that kind of coin just to get an adequate suspension setup for my weight.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On the topic of rear suspension, if I go with just getting a new rear all together with. What is a good rear to go with? I don't see alot of rear shock advertised, mostly fronts.

MK

·
Registered
262 Posts
I ran front and rear stadiums on my kfx 700 and they were great. :thumbsup: Everyone that rode it complemented me on how good a ride it was. 8)

·
Registered
815 Posts
I just got off the phone with I-shock.... i am wanting to get my rear shock redone (just like you guys)...i weigh abt 285....
I-shock was great to talk with.... they quoted me $200 for my rear shock to be completely re-done to my weight and riding conditions.... that is a GOOD price.... way cheaper then TCS (close to $400)...
So i am going to be sending I-shock my rear shock in a couple weeks.... they said they had a week turn around....
also they offer a 100% garentee.... = if you get the shock back and dont like it... send it back to them and they will re-do it again for you for free.... to get it just right for you... - NO other company (TCS or Stadium) offered that on the phone today...

Plattner

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Plattner, was that price including a new spring AND full rebuild and revalving?

·
Registered
815 Posts
YES - I am like 90% sure that was a new spring also.... but i am positive it was rebuilding the rear shock and revalving.... i will call again tmrw to check... but i am pretty sure that is a new spring also....

He quoted me a price on the fronts also (my yfz shocks i have) .....
$200 total = revalved and rebuilt
$360 total = revalved and rebuilt and new spring

Plattner

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sounds good too me

I might hold off a bit till I can get some more riding time on the stock setup. I think the weather is finally going to start warming up. It's -20C outside right now (Mar. 6). Don't feel like getting my full sledding gear on to go for a toot down the street! lol

·
Registered
815 Posts
Tiggyboot - I have a thread in the DISCUSSION section about I-shock... I am getting a few guys together that want to get their rear shocks Rebuilt.... so post on that thread... if you want me to PM you all the info i am getting from I-shock.... Hoping that I-shock might give us a bit of a discount if i can get some of us together.... I-shock told me to call them back, once i get a few ppl together, and they would tell me what they could do for us.... I have a group of 5 total so far...

just post on that thread... and i will PM you everything....

Plattner

·
Registered
689 Posts
Man i am glad you like to do foot work Plattner. I have been considering this too. But i have been too lazy to even adjust my shocks since i bought mine. I am noticing that i am able to bottem out if i try enough. Please keep us updated on your findings. Maybe we all get together and we can get a group discount. :lol: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
815 Posts
ha ha ha yea no problem AJ.... I just figured if i was getting all this info from I-shock that i might as well share it with youall....
You think you will be interested in this also ? ? I will PM you the info....

Plattner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts