Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if seafoam fuel additive would be okay to use in the oil? Would it be okay with the clutch?

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Would it react with the gas that is in my oil? :p :lol:

·
Registered
390 Posts
quadman said:
Does anybody know if seafoam fuel additive would be okay to use in the oil? Would it be okay with the clutch?
:eek: :3question:

Why would you put a fuel additive in? And why would would you put it in the oil?
What is the stuff? I usually consider any additive to be "Snake Oil".

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sea foam is great it works on everything Diesel,gas,small,big,2 cycle,4cycle. It can be used in fuel and oil.It can be purchased at napa. I just wanted to know if it would do anything to the clutch.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
what is seafoam intended to do though? Is it like horsepower restor or something you'd put in your car engine? Never heard of it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cleans fuel injectors
Cleans carburetor jets
Cleans carbon
Stabilizes fuels
Upper cylinder lube
Removes moisture in fuel
De-icer
Frees sticky lifters
Frees sticky rings
Removes moisture in oil
Cleans P.C.V. systems
Cleans catalytic converter odors
Oxygen sensor safe
Here is there website to find out more
http://www.seafoamsales.com/motorTuneUpTechGas.htm

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Sounds like good shit, if nothing else maybe it'll help in the fuel system to fix the sticky injector that I think is the culprit of gas in my oil! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have used it in a 2 cycle engine that I forgot to drain the gas out of in the winter,then put additive in and it started to pour out smoke immediatly. This is great stuff.

·
Registered
40 Posts
this stuff is great and it really does work,but why would you use it in your raptor do you have alot of carbon build up or something.i dont think i would put it my oil just because of the clutch.the best thing to do is e-mail or cail there customer service or see if they have a tech line.you can have fun with this stuff to just unhook a vacum hose on someones car and stick it in the can.it makes a car smoke like its on fire. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
joeraptorjoe said:
this stuff is great and it really does work,but why would you use it in your raptor do you have alot of carbon build up or something.i dont think i would put it my oil just because of the clutch.the best thing to do is e-mail or cail there customer service or see if they have a tech line.you can have fun with this stuff to just unhook a vacum hose on someones car and stick it in the can.it makes a car smoke like its on fire. :grin_nod:
Peronally I think I may have a sticky injector, that's why I'm gonna try it. I have put an e-mail in to seafoam cust. serv. about the clutch thing. Not sure what quadman is up to but thanks for all your info and the initial suggestion, Thanks quadman! :grin_nod:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Sea Foam is a solvent/detergent and made of mostly alcohol, I wouldn’t put it in my bike oil, but I might try it in the fuel. If I did use it in my fuel, I would also change my oil afterwards just incase I got some fuel in my oil.

·
GO BIG OR GO HOME
2,254 Posts
Personally i wouldnt put that stuff in any of my rigs. i would contact amsoil or redline and see what kind of stuff they have, knowing there stuff actually works well. all you tho

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
RaptorR said:
Personally i wouldnt put that stuff in any of my rigs. i would contact amsoil or redline and see what kind of stuff they have, knowing there stuff actually works well. all you tho
SeaFoam IS namebrad mano.. You don't need highend products to solve all of your probs... I don't know if I'd run it in my oil, but I don't see it harming anything runing it in your fuel.

·
GO BIG OR GO HOME
2,254 Posts
Im not going to put something in my bike that can be added to anything, i would rather have something straight forward, for a specific application

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Sea Foam, Trans Tune & Deep Creep are OIL, blended to clean & dry moisture.

Determine what the capacity of your wet clutch or shared lubricant area is in QUARTS .

If your system uses engine oil and might share that oil with the crankcase, USE Sea Foam Motor Treatment at 1 1/2 ounces per quart of capacity into that shared system (into warm fluid is best) , Drive a minimum of 30 minutes, Maximum of 100 miles, CHANGE THAT OIL!

If your system uses ATF or ANY TYPE of Hydraulic oil, use Sea Foam TRANS TUNE, at 2 ounces per quart of capacity, and follow the instructions above.

As for in the fuel, Sea Foam (being oil) is the safest fuel system multi purpose product on the market. Read the list on the front of the label, then use 1 ounce Sea foam for each gallon of fuel.

You may use Sea Foam occasionally, or like I do, ALL THE TIME! Keeps down on maintenance of power robbing oil/fuel related moisture, fuel system cleanliness, carbon cleaning, fuel stabilization and upper cylinder lubrication problems!

This is what was e-mailed to me from the guys at seafoam. Like a couple of you guys say I prob. won't use it my oil but I am gonna try it in my gastank.

·
Registered
135 Posts
tell us wat happens when one of you try it so we see the results. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Has anyone tried Sea Foam in the Raptor? I used it in my truck engine oil last time before changing it and it worked great. My engine oil is still clean after 2500-3000 miles.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
i've heard of sea horses, but not sea foam...

·
GO BLUE!!!
641 Posts
There are video's of people using Seafoam in their cars and trucks on YouTube, you can see how much smoke comes out

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
quiksilverz71 said:
There are video's of people using Seafoam in their cars and trucks on YouTube, you can see how much smoke comes out
I Seafoamed my car when I was preparring it for emmisions testing.

Once it started smoking it wouldn't quit! I ended up doing a WOT blast on the freeway frontage road leaving a 007 smokescreen behind me. It was crazy. I'm in no hurry to do that again - lol.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts