Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i bought a 2022 raptor 700 here in san diego California and I guess since these are green stickers for year round riding here it comes with this new secondary fuel? tank. the dealer said it was a carbon filter and I cant find literally anything online about it and I want to remove it from the raptor. does anyone know anything about these and could tell me what system it belongs to? i highly doubt its a fuel filter made of carbon. i was thinking more of like an exhaust filter. if anyone has removed one of these before or know anything about it please help. i don't want to remove it and cause damage.
Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
There is a thread somewhere on this forum about deleting it. If i remember right, it has something to do with not letting the gas cap vent straight to air??

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a thread somewhere on this forum about deleting it. If i remember right, it has something to do with not letting the gas cap vent straight to air??

oh wow if that's the case then that's so damn stupid lol. how much could a little gas fumes do to the environment. i mean seriously. thanks for the info though. I've looked for the tread but I cant seem to find anything on any forums about it. i also don't exactly know what the proper term for the thing is either though. even online at the yamaha website I cant seem to find where it mentions it. on the diagrams for parts it just states that its a secondary fuel tank.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Found it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found it!

you are awesome! thank you so damn much!

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
you are awesome! thank you so damn much!
You are very welcome. Dont forget to drop in that other thread and thank those guys too, they did all the work

Reactions: Gleatonap1990

·
Registered
22 Raptor 700 & 22 Raptor 700r
13 Posts
If i remember right, it has something to do with not letting the gas cap vent straight to air??

Yes, it is an evap systems just like on your car or truck. Takes vented fumes in to the carbon filter. Will also catch fuel and cause an issue if you over fill or top off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts