Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did a oil nd filter change on my raptor 660 and it seems to be running a little hot or could it just be me or as any one had a problem like this

Put around 2.2ltrs in and its reading on full on the dip stick
thanks

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
What makes you think it's running hot? give a full description of the symptoms.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im just a panic sort of person and read some where if over you over fill then can course damage and over heat and the oil level should sit between low/full the quad was well over due a oil and filter change and i would think the temp light would come on if over heating
thanks

·
Registered
180 Posts
The 660 motor naturally runs on the hot side.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
did a oil nd filter change on my raptor 660 and it seems to be running a little hot or could it just be me or as any one had a problem like this

Put around 2.2ltrs in and its reading on full on the dip stick
thanks
im just a panic sort of person and read some where if over you over fill then can course damage and over heat and the oil level should sit between low/full the quad was well over due a oil and filter change and i would think the temp light would come on if over heating
thanks
First 660s don't naturally run hot. A few things to check are for dirty rad, inoperative thermostat, if you have an Aftermarket grille in front of the rad, leaking head gasket.
Before you panic check the engine temperature. Anything as high as 210 - 220 is okay.

·
Registered
180 Posts
First 660s don't naturally run hot. A few things to check are for dirty rad, inoperative thermostat, if you have an Aftermarket grille in front of the rad, leaking head gasket.
Before you panic check the engine temperature. Anything as high as 210 - 220 is okay.
thought i read somewhere they run a little warm. i dont have a temp gage to justify what mine runs. my bad thanks for the correction.

·
Master of the Electron
14,823 Posts
If the fan works yet isn't coming on it's not hot... you're imagining too much.

AND - they don't run warmer or colder than any other - they run at exactly the temperature they were designed for. In addition, he Rappy's cooling system is more efficient than most.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts