Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of bars and rise are you guys running? I've heard the flexx bars with +2 is pretty good.... I'm about 6' tall.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
All depends on riding style, type, and personal comfort. You wouldn't want a set of tall bend bars and a +2 stem, just like most wouldn't want to run cr-lo bend bars on a stock stem.

Edit: use the size charts on the manufacturer's websites and make your best guess. I'm using the "quad" bend from Factory 909 (FMF).

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm thinking of the fasst flexx bars.

I'm curious though, what's the difference between gaining bar height through the bar bend vs. a longer stem?

It was recommended to me by a fasst retailer that I should go with the ATV bend for a stock stem, or a +2 stem with the cooch bend.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
There are 2 ways to get height, distance between clamp and the bend to the handles, and the angle from the bend to the actual handles. The first will be more similar to an increase in stem height, while the latter is akin to big sweeping bars on a street chopper. For most applications and most people (me included) a flatter bar is preferred, meaning that the bars sweep back from the mount less than stock and that they sweep up from the mount less than stock. This is a more aggressive riding stance and also results in a more direct feel when turning the bars. This is an advantage when racing becuase it allows for faster, tighter turns.

I'm not sure that any of that is clear, so I apologize in advance. Hopefully someone else with come along with a clearer description, or you can contact one of the handlebar companies that has more interest in helping you than telling you what they tell everyone else.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, so basically, then... using the stem to gain the height is better because then you can use a straighter set of bars... did I interperet that correctly?

So then I should be looking into their straighter bars with a +2 stem I think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts