Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what would be a safe fix to the exposed wire that the PCIII spliced into. I want to seal the spot that was exposed. Would liquid electrical tape with electrical tape over it and then shrink wrap be good? Or is there something better preferably not soldering.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'd say the liquid electrical tape or any silicone sealant would do the job, and if you can get the shrinkwrap tubing over the wire w/o cutting it that would add a little extra. It'll be sealed!

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx, Oh yeah I kind of forgot about the plug on the end. I guess it would be difficult to get the right shrink wrap to fit over the plug. Oh well Liquid electrical tape and regular electrical tape will do the trick.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
I just received my PC111 unit back from Dynojet. I sent it in because the quad would run then die. They tested it and DID find that it was unstable and had speratic readings. It was replaced with a new one and it has the NEW style harness with a plug in instead of the "scotch" wire connector. I am putting it on in a few hours so i'll post the results. Along with a new rear rear grab bar.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Question to someone who knows wiring/electrical. I found this material made by loctite. All material, All temperature bond good up to 400 F. Could this with a high temp electrical tape wrapped around it work instead of soldering?

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've been lazy and haven't sent it yet but Curt at powercommander says it will only take about 1/2 hour of actual work so if you send it overnight I'd assume within a week.

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
Yeah, I just got my new PCIII this past tuesday, put it in just about 20 mins ago, finished installing it, I got the new harness its all connectors now vs splicing!!! w00t w00t for FuelMoto!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.