Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys - as many of you all know - i have been talking about doing this for a long time...
- -Im finally ready to send the shocks out... I contacted I-shock, told them i had the factory rear shock and that i have the 06 yfz shocks on front. told them i weigh 285.... so i am sending them all three shocks....
rear shock - - they are re-valving/re-building, they will then send it back, if i am not happy THEN they will do the spring kit, but at first they suggest just doing the revalving... (they will pay for shipping back and forth - if i want the spring kit)
front yfz shocks - we are going the complete opposite of the rear - they are going to do the spring kits... then send the shocks back, if im not happy then they are going to do the revalve...

They were very helpful on the phone.... just wanted to keep you all informed on what i was doing with my suspension.... I think i will be very happy when i get these back in a week and a half....
I will post pics as soon as i get the shocks back from I-shock...
Also i will keep you all informed on their customer service, and quality of product, and how i like the shocks...

Aaron Plattner

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
donovan - yea i will keep you informed on how they end up... I hope that this makes the ride much smoother... bcs after a full day of riding... i am sore, mine beats the shit out of me. ha ha

- -Yes they know that they yfz shocks are on the raptor.

Plattner

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
I am interested to see how your shocks come out. :thumbsup: I wonder if possibly I-Shock could modify my back SE shock and eliminate or change the position of the adjustment nut so it would not interfere with the LTE exhaust?? Anyone ask that question before?? :unsure:

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Digital - here is the I-shock (hydrodynamicsUSA) phone number - 619-390-2430... they are only open mon-thurs.... I have been talking with John, he is very noligable and helpful.... but just give them a call and ask...

- - I am shipping my front yfz shocks and my factory rear shock out today.... so i should have them back next week.

I will keep you all informed..

Plattner

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
I just got off the phone with John, He is a wealth of infomation! My SE shock can be reworked to get rid of the high/low speed compression adjustment so that my LTE's won't hit the pipes. OR I can find someone that wants to swap rear shocks that doesn't have an SE and wants my SE shock, then they will "rework" this shock for my weight for a couple hundred bucks. I have some serious thinking to do now. :3question: I just hate to have a pipe that is dented in, after all the consideration I have put into this bike.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well we will see how good these guys really are.... ha ha ... they have a one week turn around.... but i have a pretty big ride planned not this weekend but the next.... sat is the 28th.... and so i sent the shocks out today on two day shipping so i-shock will have them sitting in front of the door on Monday when they come in.... I have been talkign with John, and im pressing them to get the shocks done by thursday, and then overnight the shocks back to me... so ill have them friday afternoon the 27th.... ha ha
So we will just have to see... John says that will be pressing it, but that he will try his bests..
- -So i will let you all know if they come threw... ha ha - i mean is they dont, i wont be mad or anythign... bcs i am asking them to work in less time then thay say it will take... but if they do get it done i will be VERY IMPRESSED

Plattner

·
Registered
454 Posts
i highly doubt they will let you down. they got mine done in less than a week and i didnt want to drive down there to get them so they just shipped them back! jon is a great guy, and knows his stuff. when i dropped off my stuff to him i was a little skeptical because he looks soooo young. i thought he was just a shop helper at first. he was the tech that did my shocks and he did a kick arse job

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SWEET - Glad to hear that;.... yea he did sound young... but anyway - HE is the tech that is going to do my shocks also... he said that since i want them back so fast, that he would personallly do them, to try and get them done...

Plattner

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
san-d-eggo said:
i highly doubt they will let you down. they got mine done in less than a week and i didnt want to drive down there to get them so they just shipped them back! jon is a great guy, and knows his stuff. when i dropped off my stuff to him i was a little skeptical because he looks soooo young. i thought he was just a shop helper at first. he was the tech that did my shocks and he did a kick arse job
San-d-eggo, what kind of shocks did you have reworked? were they 700 shocks or 450's? what kind of riding do you do and what improvements did you notice with the work that was done??

·
Registered
454 Posts
i have the ishocks. but they made a helluva difference when they were re valved. i ride ocotillo, high desert and glamis. so i got them valved for all around terrain. i need to get the stock rear done now for the rappy cuz i can tell a HUGE difference now!

i shock has a good product and awesome customer service. they are a great company to deal with and they have my business from now on. when i was in there the owner heard me talking and came out and talked with me and i told him about the forum and he wrote it down to check it out

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Cool, What will you do with the rear shock? that is my delima, what is the most cost effective way to get the best results from the rear shock, I am sure a new elka would be the nicest to match my fronts but WOW it is an expensive upgrade.!!

·
Dune Shredder
744 Posts
I had shocks revalved from I-shock on my LT-R and there was a very noticeable difference. The shocks performed great on the small stuff and absorbed the big hits well. Highly recommend their work and not to mention their outstanding customer service :thumbsup:

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
HA HA HA Rusty - you are exactly right.... ha ha ha.... Bo called me last night also - he said that he talked with you too, and that you were very happy with everything... get that bad boy on a dyno, and let me know what numbers you get.... I am curious... since i got 57 hp , im curious, like with the exact same setup like what numbers you will get...

Plattner

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well Jon from I-shock just gave me a call... said that he has my shocks, and just wanted to talk with me about the ride... and how i wanted it to be.... he sounds very confident about getting them dialed in perfect for me... so i guess we will see... i tried to emphasize again to him that i wanted them dont by thursday, so he could overnight them back to me.. so i can go riding this weekend... .he says that as long as all the shipping goes good, and as long as he has the springs and stuff instock (which he is almost positive they do) that it shouldnt be a problem to get them out on thursday..
so i guess we will see... like i said, i will keep you all informed..

Plattner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts