Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI guys,Im pullin my hair out.I just recieved my new PCIII from a very popular supplier on these forums for my 07 700.Its the new version(no power wire splicing required).It has 5 wires,one wire you connect too the neg batt terminal.the other four are plugs.two for the injector and two for the tps.im 99% positive i have it connected correctly.the plugs only fit one way in their sockets.I followed the manufactures directions too the "T".it appears that my PC isnt working.quad turns over but wont start. pc dosent lite up.intialize,nothing..when i disconect the Pc the quad starts fine.ive tryied reconnecting it 3 times,still nothing.It just appears that the pc isnt getting power.this ever happen too anyone?any ideas? thanks for your help..

·
Registered
511 Posts
try updating ur usb port drivers and see if that helps. also try restarting the comp then try reconnecting couse if u have not restarted in a few days somethin could be stuck in limbo and wont allow it to start.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok guys,flame me.Im indeed a newbie too the 700 rappy.Id did have the pc hooked up incorectly.my bad.next question is "which is better,the sparks exhaust map or the fuel moto map.both maps are for my set up.i have a pro design intake/k&n filter,airbox lid OFF!sparks big core(super loud)and of course my pcIII.I tryed the sparks version b map and my headers were glowing a lil.is the fuel moto map any better?any suggestions?..thanks guys...

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
They headers will glow some at an idle sitting still. When you pick the throttle up a hair do they quit glowing?

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Your headers will glow, that is normal. Just run the map and do a plug check. Then do the same with the other map. If the plugs look good on both maps then just use your butt dyno.

The best results will be if you have it dyno tuned for your bike.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Tbone35xx1 said:
Ok guys,flame me.Im indeed a newbie too the 700 rappy.Id did have the pc hooked up incorectly.my bad.next question is "which is better,the sparks exhaust map or the fuel moto map.both maps are for my set up.i have a pro design intake/k&n filter,airbox lid OFF!sparks big core(super loud)and of course my pcIII.I tryed the sparks version b map and my headers were glowing a lil.is the fuel moto map any better?any suggestions?..thanks guys...
so how did u have your pc hooked up? theplugs only fit in the correct locations..just curious :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well,get this.i did do my homework and read everything in the forums on the instalation.its kinda hard running between the computer and garage and trying too remember everything.and the pictures that come in the directions can be a lil confusing,the wrong way i hooked it up was itstead of hooking up the tps connectors too the tps i had them connected too the thingy on the fuel rail.the connectors fit soo i thought i had it right.so after a few hours of disconnecting and reconnecting i finnally hooked it up properly to the tps.im now a PCIII installation expert...lol. In the end i routed the wires perfectly and have a very clean install.i pressed the start button and the beast quickly came alive.I think the PCIII is an awsome Product!!! I now have a very snappy rappy!!! :grin_nod: :grin_nod: :grin_nod:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Tbone35xx1 said:
Are you running stock headers?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Also TBone where did you buy your curtis sparks exhaust from and price?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for your question btac,IM useing the the sparks racing X-6 big core full system including the stainless header.Its an awsome pipe.its not legal loud,its crazy loud!(i like it!).they offer a queit tip and a extra queit tip as well.silencer and spark arrestor not included,their extra.i ordered directly from curtis sparks racing.cost $559.00.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
also on a side note.if you have an aftermarket oil tank, the curtis header is a very tight fit,i have about an 1/8 inch clearance between the top of the oil tank and left side header.no problems,just tight clearance.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Tbone35xx1 said:
also on a side note.if you have an aftermarket oil tank, the curtis header is a very tight fit,i have about an 1/8 inch clearance between the top of the oil tank and left side header.no problems,just tight clearance.
No, no aftermarket oil tank. Do you have a problem with the headers burning your pants? I had a sparks on my old 660 that kept burning my riding pants so I wrapped them. It looked pretty cool, I will probably do that with this set also.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Tbone35xx1 said:
thanks for your question btac,IM useing the the sparks racing X-6 big core full system including the stainless header.Its an awsome pipe.its not legal loud,its crazy loud!(i like it!).they offer a queit tip and a extra queit tip as well.silencer and spark arrestor not included,their extra.i ordered directly from curtis sparks racing.cost $559.00.
I'm going to get the PCIII also. Fuel Moto is going to preprogram it for me, do you know if I put the quet tip and the spark arrestor on will it change the performance of the PCIII? Becuase I will probable purchase it and when I ride places where your exhaust cant be too loud I will put it on. However when I'm not there I want it to be as loud as it can.

·
Registered
405 Posts
TBone do you have a pic of you bike with the exhaust on it? I would like to see what it looks like and the header clearance.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi,heres sum pics of my 3 mods.no i never burn anything.pipefits tight too machine.my legs never even come close.and for you guys that do i found a link too a company that makes aftermarket/universal carbon fiber heat sheilds too fit any machine.....www.elineaccessories.com (copy/paste) hope this helps.!

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sorry bout the repeat posts,i dont know how you guys post multiple big pics in a single pose,it wont let me.say max file size allowed is 128k(very small) so i resized pics and can only post 1 at a time.any help would be cool. :help:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Tbone35xx1 said:
sorry bout the repeat posts,i dont know how you guys post multiple big pics in a single pose,it wont let me.say max file size allowed is 128k(very small) so i resized pics and can only post 1 at a time.any help would be cool. :help:
1) Upload your pictures to an off-site photo server like photobucket or one of the others.
2) Go to that photo or any photo on the web.
3) Right click on the picture.
4) Select "properties" from the dialog box that opens up.
5) Hold left click down and scroll over the web address.
6) Right click and select "copy" then close the dialog box.
7) When you post or reply in Raptorforum and want to insert a photo click on this icon

8- Right click in between the X[img]
9) Right click and "paste" the web address of the photo. (step5/6)

This cuts down on server space from hosting the pictures on RaptorForums server. I'm sure Dracus will appreciate that.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

ok,i did my best on the pics....enjoy!!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Tbone35xx1 said:
Man that look great good job. I cant wait till I get mine in. Where did you get that little shield that has all your decals on it, what is it called? Also, you didnt anwser my question about the quiet tip and sparks arrestor. It was on the first page, it was about the performance of the PCIII taken it off and on. Do you have any idea about that?

·
Registered
405 Posts
TBone is that a ProDesign intake kit?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts