Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please please help me!

Ive a 07 Raptor that will not run right at all, it will start and idle, but the idle is all over the shop, up and down etc!

When revving the bike in neutral I can see a fair old bit of black smoke coming from the exhaust, it stinks of fuel and its backfiring alot, it looks extremely rich! Pull the plug its very black! lol

My first thoughts were the TPS, so doing things right I just bought a new one! So ive installed it and set it to read at 0.7v with the key on but engine off, is this right?

Ive also noticed that turning the idle screw doesnt really have an effect at all!

Where else should I be checking, the rest of the bike is bone stock!

Is there anything I need to be adjusting with the TPS when running? I was playing with it when idling and turning it enough I can get it to idle smoother and to stop back-firing when revving, but it then holds onto the revs at about 2500k for a while before dropping down?

Please help!!!!

Chris

·
Registered
749 Posts
the other guys can help you more in detail, but i'm sure one question they're going to ask is: is the exhaust stock?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have zero experience with a raptor...only recently bought one, and it hasnt even been delivered as yet...but i have done mechanics on fuel injected cars for the last 10yrs and it sounds to me as though u have some type of vacuum leak, so that is where i would start.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts