Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking through the archives and noticed a service bulletin on the 700's. I believe it is only on the 2006 ones though. One is a fuel problem, that is with the fuel pump that is suppose to be under the gas tank cover. The other one is below some relays that are adjacent to the tool pouch etc. I want to know how the heck do you take that gas tank cover off. When you remove the seat, there are two push clips that are easily taken out. Then on the front cowl, below the handlebars are two more which can be removed. Then what do you do. I did not want to start pulling on that cover in case I was missing something. Help please.

Also, does anyone know at what date or build number the new fuel pump was replaced.

G

·
the 06 has a .5 mil bleeder on the injector which caused a vapor lock issue. For 07 they increased the bleeder to .8 mil...

There is a newer thread rollin around here talkin about hw some have gotten a new injector for free...

G

·
As far as I know Yamaha has not issued a recall... With that being said, a few fellas here have said their dealer put a new one in, for free.

·
Registered
7,470 Posts
rap7hundred just got a free fuel pump from the stealership from this "recall" all u gotta do is go to the dealer and bring a few pages that you printed about the topic and tell them the 5mil vs 8mil deal... after a few calls they'll be told to "take it in and look at it" few days later you'll get a new pump

1 - 7 of 7 Posts