Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have saved my money.... and now want mods.. Wondering what your thoughts are on this set-up. I have a stock 2006 700 rappy...we do mostly fast trail riding...

DMC Force4 Duals
FCI Intake(with Box)
PC3 fuel controller
HotCams Stage 2
15 tooth front sprocket
TQS 11.5:1 "tech" piston

1. Increased low-mid range? Without sacrificing top-end?
2. Still run well off pump gas?
3. Best sprocket set-up?
4. Would i gain more with a different setup? ie: pistons, throttle body?
5. PC3 or PC5?

·
Registered
415 Posts
that sounds like a good start. i just did the same internals. seems like it did what you are asking for. the fci will help, and the duals will flow nice too. if topend gain and peak hp isn't what your after, than a hc2 is fine. but if you have the cash, an hdd5050 cam would be nice, but it requires stiffer springs and clearanced rockers. a tb will help out too, but you can add that down the road. this is already a big difference from stock. since stock is right around 40hp, i'd guess you'd be around 55-60hp. so a 15hp jump is pretty damn good.

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
It's not in your questions...
But I'd upgrade the suspension first.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I think you are headed down the right road with those mods but I would go on ahead and add the TB while you're doing every thing else and you'll have a really good runner.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First off... thanks for the input! I am 180lbs, Should i really be going to Suspension upgrades? Like what? Long travel a-arms? I pack this in the back of an avananche and im worried about extra width...

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
No necesarily extra width but aftermarket shocks will make a huge difference for fast trail riding, especially as you have the 06 pogo sticks.
For example long travel +.05 a-arms with shocks and maybe a stabilizer too will make it handle a lot better

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
Just wait for someone that part out his bike, you should not wai too long...
But TQS also has great deals on suspension packages.

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
Just ask Steeve, he's nice and yep he does ship to canada. ;)

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
+1

all the power in the world doesn't mean anything if your suspension is holding you back.. ::)

are you riding your quad wide open all the time and still wanting more power or are you having to back off the throttle because your about to get bucked off the thing ?? :confused:

·
*Woo Woo!*
621 Posts
If your going hotcams, I would go with the HC3 over the HC2 since you are getting a higher comp piston. The piston takes away any bottom end loss you might have and the HC3 will be good for some decent top end gains ~2hp over the HC2 without any noticeable loss in low end.. HC3/11:1 is a good combo to run on a budget. Heres a dyno graph of the HC2 vs the HC3 from DL700. Also a +3 TB is always a good cheap way for some extra power, only $150 through TQS.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b357/dcloveridge/quads and trucks/001-40.jpg

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
+1 with suspension, but you don't need expensive aftermarket shocks the 07seII and shocks with resi and hi & lo speed compression is a great route to go first they are good shocks with alot of adjustment. +2 a arms and rear axle are a good route to go also to get rid of that "tippy" feeling when you cram the rappy into a berm haulin butt, and as far as width im 52"wide and i put it into a gmc cayon/colorado short bed so i think you'll be fine with your avalanche :D better shocks with a wider base = riding faster, faster through the the corners, whoops, jumps. And if you have money left over the big 3 and you will love it all over again. Btw pc 5 over the pc 3 its newer and better and same price @ tqs:D good luck with your choices

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would say that was a well answered thread, thanks a bunch guys. I think I'll start looking for suspension/a-arms/axle. Unsure though, what my next step should be: big 3 or internals?( I need to set budget goals..ha)

·
Registered
415 Posts
If your going hotcams, I would go with the HC3 over the HC2 since you are getting a higher comp piston. The piston takes away any bottom end loss you might have and the HC3 will be good for some decent top end gains ~2hp over the HC2 without any noticeable loss in low end.. HC3/11:1 is a good combo to run on a budget. Heres a dyno graph of the HC2 vs the HC3 from DL700. Also a +3 TB is always a good cheap way for some extra power, only $150 through TQS.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b357/dcloveridge/quads and trucks/001-40.jpg
no disrespect, but if you read his post, he wants a bottom/mid increase with no topend loss. looking at that dyno sheet, the hc2 has more power from bottom to 3/4 through the power spread. that is what he said he wants. but thanks for posting that, cause it just reassured me that i made the right choice too. :thumbsup:

i do agree that for duners an hc3 may be better, but for trail guys, and i mean gncc type stuff, an hc2 is the best option hotcams has to offer. :beer:

·
Registered
415 Posts
big 3 will make a difference in throttle response and power. and if you look you can find stock se front shocks that will be way better than what you have. they are rebuildable for your weight and riding style, and will perform as well as aftermarket shocks in most cases. they wont be quite as good as long travel shocks, but i don't really think that many people on here can actually push there quad to the limit where lt's will actually be needed.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
big 3 will make a difference in throttle response and power. and if you look you can find stock se front shocks that will be way better than what you have. they are rebuildable for your weight and riding style, and will perform as well as aftermarket shocks in most cases. they wont be quite as good as long travel shocks, but i don't really think that many people on here can actually push there quad to the limit where lt's will actually be needed.
You need to come out west to do some riding jonny ill have you thinking otherwise on that last part:D

·
Registered
415 Posts
You need to come out west to do some riding jonny ill have you thinking otherwise on that last part:D
:lol: i'd love to. so when funds are available, we can take trips back and forth. :beer: its pretty damn gnarly out here. but its prob like apples and oranges. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
:lol: i'd love to. so when funds are available, we can take trips back and forth. :beer: its pretty damn gnarly out here. but its prob like apples and oranges. :thumbsup:
Im down, i love apples and oranges:D. There nothing like blasting down desert trails wide open one day then the next drive four hrs to glamis or gordons well to ride the biggest baddest dunes on the west coast, its awesome save your money up and come on out for the riding trip of your life:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts