Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If my Raptor is just sitting there idling and I shake it slighty side to side, it spits, spudders and dies.. Otherwise it runs fine.

WTH?!!?!

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
If my Raptor is just sitting there idling and I shake it slighty side to side, it spits, spudders and dies.. Otherwise it runs fine.

WTH?!!?!
Dirty carbs and jets, incorrect fuel level in the carbs are a couple things that come to mind...........:)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm Good to know. guess ill start there. Ive never taken apart one of these carbs, are they tricky? I'm ok with a wrench but not spectactular. Would I just take it out and spray it out with carb cleaner? Just dont want to be surprised is all. =)

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Hmmm Good to know. guess ill start there. Ive never taken apart one of these carbs, are they tricky? I'm ok with a wrench but not spectactular. Would I just take it out and spray it out with carb cleaner? Just dont want to be surprised is all. =)
Another thing that comes to mind is loose wiring, check and secure all wiring, the battery and spark plug lead.........

·
Git-R-Done
729 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank You. Wow that looks like alot of stuff I could mess up.. LOL!

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
The 660 carbs are possibly one of the simpler carbs I've ever seen.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Soo took the carb apart, cleaned it, put it back on, and still spits and spudders when i shake it or go over woops. My buddies dad says it probably has something to do with the "Floats". What would you guys suggest?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
found a good post on adjusting floats so that will be my next try.

·
Master of the Electron
15,526 Posts
Float level would be the next thing to check. The clear tube method will tell you current level in seconds.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
GAH.so im putting everything back together and i have a black tube that i cant figure out where it goes. It comes from the middle of the back of the engine. when started it blows air out. any help would be greatly appreciated.

and yes i have a clymer on the way, it just isnt here yet. LOL

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
GAH.so im putting everything back together and i have a black tube that i cant figure out where it goes. It comes from the middle of the back of the engine. when started it blows air out. any help would be greatly appreciated.

and yes i have a clymer on the way, it just isnt here yet. LOL
That hose goes to the airbox lid if you still have one. If you removed the lid then get a small filter for it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
no lid on my airbox, its an aftermarket one.. K Filter it is then.. Thank You!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
also my choke went all the way in and i cant get it back out too hook the cable up to it. Lol. I never needed to use the choke anyways. Will it hurt anything to not have the cable hooked up to it?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
also my choke went all the way in and i cant get it back out too hook the cable up to it. Lol. I never needed to use the choke anyways. Will it hurt anything to not have the cable hooked up to it?
Yes, you must seal the hole.............:)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok. So ill just put the screw back in there just not hook up the cable.. After getting it all back together last night and riding it for a few minutes its not doing the "shake and die" thing anymore. it just kinda stopped. Weird.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts