Raptor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading to Sand Mountain this weekend, hopefully she will be good to me unlike my old 660 which kept leaving me in the back of the mountain because the boots would pop off. Gotta keep my original speedy flag, LOL.

Giving her a ride stock so I can appreciate my Power commander, DMC's and Pro-flow when they get here. Also she only has 1/2 hour on her hour meter.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Nice Bike!! 8) Let us know how a stock Raptor does at Sand Mountain. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Are we talking Sand Mountain at Little Sahara in Utah? If so I went last weekend and am going this weekend also. I am still riding stock cause I only have 6 hours on the timer. I tried to climb everything but the fingers. 2nd gear will take you anywhere your heard desires.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Looks good :thumbsup: :metal:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Yea looks good, have fun. Im jealous :'(.

·
Registered
143 Posts
dont get too dissapointed on the stock raptor racing in the sand against modded 450's and other 700's. most of the guys here have seen my vid in only my second race, i didnt do to good. but i noticed you have sand tires so i hope you do alot better than i did. i did buy new itp sand stars today and going out this weekend. maybe i'll do a little better.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Kick ass flag!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sand Mountain, Nevada

·
Registered
123 Posts
gotta luv the speedy flag. i remember when you would see those things everywhere. now all you see in the sand are LEDs...times have changed

·
Registered
579 Posts
Too bad I'll miss you there. We will be spending the following weekend there. I hope you enjoy the ride. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got home last night and all I have to say is WOW!!! Little less power then my 01' 686 raptor, but its not bad considering its still stock and not even broke in. Hour meter read .3 hours when I hit the mountain and now its at 4.5 hours. I might be going up this weekend again if my DMC's and PC and pro-flow show up.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Wait to you open her up with the pipe and filter. Sand is notorious for robbing power from a bike. I will be up at the Mt this coming weekend as well with a big group of buddies. (25-30) Many from Sac and a few from Redding. We have 5 700s in the group and 3 have the LTEs.. Here my bike, if you see me, stop by and say Hi... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey it was good to have met you today. The weather was awsome today, and I'm beat. :thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts