Raptor Forum banner

shifter

3K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  Uwishucould158 
#1 ·
is anyone running and aftermarket shifter? If so, what kind? and is IMS any count?

#3 ·
i found one on ebay for $32.36

#5 ·
I have a pro designs power shifter. I kinda like it. One being that neutral is super easy to get into. However I dont know if its my 01 transmission or what but the gears are spaced way out. The gap between 1st and 2nd is so large that sometime I miss 2nd and go into neutral hitting the rev limiter. I dont like that at all, but like I said it could be my transmission.

#11 ·
Already tried moving it down far as possible. If I go one notch lower I cant push it enough to downshift because I hits something.:eek: I think it was my prm skid plate. I just think it's the 01 transmission that everyone says is junk anyway.

#7 ·
yea i have noticed that on mine too but its an 01 too. my honda 450 all you had to do was bump the shifter and it went but it is also almost race ready from the factory. i was just kinda looking at cheap accessories.

#8 ·
thats a good idea tommy that was another thing with the direct shifter was it would be easier to adjust to my riding style without all the bs linkage

#10 ·
anywhere you can get it cheaper than $80?

#13 ·
I love my pro-design. Yeah it was expensive but its worth it. You can sometimes find them cheaper in the for sale section when people start parting out.

#16 ·
+1 on the pro design shifter....

#17 ·
ok i am about to order one for $64.50

#19 ·
got my shifter in today and i guess i will put it on tomorrow

#20 ·
put my shifter on today but can't ride for a little while. so we will see how it works later. now i am waiting on my reverse knob repair kit to come it.

#22 ·
That seems like a really good deal above ^^^^^

Does anyone know if the IMS shifter has any less play between gears like the pro designs shifter?

#23 ·
any shifter that is direct mount will be better than factory. simply amazing how easy it shifts gears now! Pro Designs Power Shifter you won't be sorry!!!

#24 ·
I have a Pro Designs already. Yeah it nice until I miss 2nd gear and ht the rev limiter. Do you not have the huge gap between the gears like it do? Especially between 1st and 2nd.

I have it adjusted as far down as it will go but still requires a lot of distance to get into the next bigger gear.

#27 ·
i don't have that problem as my 01 was babied by the previous owner

#28 ·
Mine was babied too by the previous owner. Its prolly this damn 01 tranny. I will hate the day when it gives out :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.