Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I will need to ship my swingarm soon, and dont have a box big enough... has anyone ever shipped one like tires? Meaning take it off, wrap with foam etc and then with plastic wrap, then taped up with a tag on it?

I guess in a pinch I might be able to cut and combine two boxes....

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm not sure but with a good foam wrap and with a strong plastic bag i'm sure it is enough. Not sure tho.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
i bought some parts awile back for my truck some control arms. and they guy put the tag on the bare control arms and shiped em like that.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
I just paid UPS to box, pack and ship a swingarm and rear shock for me. Ground service with insurance and packing materials and fees came to just over 76 bucks.

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
I just paid UPS to box, pack and ship a swingarm and rear shock for me. Ground service with insurance and packing materials and fees came to just over 76 bucks.
That's insane Mike, how far did you ship it? Here lately we've found Fedex to be cheaper and plus you can ship bigger and heavier packages with them!

·
Registered
863 Posts
+1 on the fed-ex. I shipped a package,actually a big plastic container with car parts fed-ex ground. It weighed 78lbs to michigan and took 2 days to get there,for $56.00. UPS is a joke.

That's insane Mike, how far did you ship it? Here lately we've found Fedex to be cheaper and plus you can ship bigger and heavier packages with them!

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
I sent my +3 swingarm to the west coast from michigan, and it ran me $65. I just brought the swingarm into the UPS store, they bubble wrapped it, boxed it and packed it with foam, insured and shipped for $65. I could have probably saved $15 by packaging it up myself, but I didn't have any material...so it was just easier to have them do it.

·
Registered
863 Posts
go to walmart buy one of those plastic containers for 5-10 dollars wrap the swingarm in plastic shrink wrap,tape the container shut and ship fed-ex. i bet all for under 30.00.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
Cross country from Ohio to Oregon. Ground shipping was 49 dollars, 8 for insurance, 10 for packaging materials, and I think 6 for packaging fees and a fuel surcharge for a few bucks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts