Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i was just wondering if any body elses shocks front and rear squeeked like it is dirty or unlubed?? Mine does it all the time and it is getting really annoying. every little shock movement like turns and bumps and small rocks jumping it squeeks i just want to know ways to stop this i tryed wd 40 and it didnt work at all any other suggestions please

Thanks Chris

·
Registered
48 Posts
mine squeeks also but i cant hear em squeekn when im riding :grin_nod: i dont have an idea wd40 might not be best thing im about to buy a set of elkas so im not too worried about it

·
Registered
114 Posts
my back upper shock mount is the worst. i use wd-40 but it is hard to get too. once lubed it will ussually last about 2 weeks.spay a spot and push the back end down, keep moving around till the squeek is gone.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Mine will squeek if I jump a lot or ride through mud or water puddles but I pressure wash and grease after every ride and it stops. I know what you mean though about noises you hear that you dont want to be hearing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
i had this same problem. i cleaned the shocks off real good then i bought shock covers to keep crap out of them then sprayed them down with some WD40. then u gotta hop on and work it in. then spray it again. it will go away you jsut gotta keep it clean and lubed!

·
Registered
320 Posts
I just sprayed hell out of upper rear shock mount but cant get the squeek to stop? Am i going to have to take it off and grease?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
If wd40 doesnt work then ya you will probably have to grease.

·
Registered
13 Posts
for the front you have to take em out and bush out the bushing on the one sideand clean it with brake cleaner, then grease it and push it back in, then grease bolth bolts and that will take care of the front for a while. on the back its a little harder to clean because allot of shit and dirt will be in the heim joints on the top and bottom. use brake cleaner and an air gun.. grease the shit out of it put it in and you will be doing it again real soon. i'll be putting grease fittings in mine this weekent and i will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
my rear will squeek from time to time alittle castrol chain lube can fix it for about a month or so before having to redo it but if i dont get some aftermarket shocks soon ill be lookign into taping it witha greese nipple :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts