Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a '21 700 baseline model and after 3-4 hours of riding trails, my 44 year old body is really feeling it. What are recommendations on the most comfortable shocks available? Budget isn't an issue.

· Registered
3,509 Posts
The sky is the limit when it comes to improving the ride. I'd look into HR long travel a-arms with aftermarket shocks. The factory linkage is great, so that's one less thing you have to worry about. A steering stabilizer will also help improve the quality of the ride.

Fox - Several months on back order.
Motowoz- Roughly 12 weeks
Custom Axis - 6 Weeks
Elka- 6 to 9 weeks (They have the best bang for buck front/rear shock package in the Legacy lineup.)

· Registered
50 Posts
There are other threads on this as well. I feel the same pain as the original poster.

I took the spring off one of the original shocks and tested without spring, just to make sure it wasn’t bent or dragging. I will say, with both comps full soft, doesn’t compress very easily, I think this is the valving and part of what people like Jogaca modify.

are there a arms that have more leverage over the shock, but stock width and work with stock shocks? I can stiffen the rebound to suit, and part of the issue is the stiff springs, for me anyway, so it would help there too

· Registered
3,509 Posts
There are other threads on this as well. I feel the same pain as the original poster.

I took the spring off one of the original shocks and tested without spring, just to make sure it wasn’t bent or dragging. I will say, with both comps full soft, doesn’t compress very easily, I think this is the valving and part of what people like Jogaca modify.

are there a arms that have more leverage over the shock, but stock width and work with stock shocks? I can stiffen the rebound to suit, and part of the issue is the stiff springs, for me anyway, so it would help there too
The wider standard travel a-arms will have more leverage on the shocks which will in turn make the quad feel more plush.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts