Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats a good shock that will go good with stock A-arm. i'm getting the new 07 SE raptor and i dont want to changes out the orange arms untill i have to. Elkas pretty good? I ride dunes, trails, river and lake beds. I'm about 200 lbs.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm getting the new 07 SE next week.orange and black

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
btac said:
I'm getting the new 07 SE next week.orange and black
That already has good upgrades shocks. Same as the yfz450.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well then nevermind if i wont have a problem with them it will save me some money.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
btac said:
well then nevermind if i wont have a problem with them it will save me some money.
Maybe get some +2 arms. That would make the handling better on the quad and just use them with the stock SE shocks and you would have one nice riding setup. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
You won't have a "problem" with the stockers. They are good shocks but most aftermarket shocks are better even than the upgraded 450 type shocks.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
ATC-Crazy said:
The 700SE's shocks are much, much nicer than the YFZ's. I hated my friends YFZ suspension. I thought my Honda Foreman's shocks were better than them.
What year is his? They were revalved in 2006. And were they set up right? My friends 2006 yfz450 has amazing suspension for factory.

·
Registered
965 Posts
His is an '06. They were still set at factory settings when I got on it. After a while, I tried to adjust them without much change. I weigh 230 and he weighs around 170 max.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maybe get some +2 arms. That would make the handling better on the quad and just use them with the stock SE shocks and you would have one nice riding setup.

If I got +2 arms how would those stock shocks fit on the arms. Wouldnt the shock be to short; or do they make arms to fit onto the stock arms? If do what would be a good brand of arms?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
btac said:
If I got +2 arms how would those stock shocks fit on the arms. Wouldnt the shock be to short; or do they make arms to fit onto the stock arms? If do what would be a good brand of arms?
They make aftermarket arms for the stock shocks. There are alot of good brands depending on the cash you have. I have heard good things about asr, houser, laeger, and lone star. Price range is anywhere from $350 to more then a grand.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Teraflx said:
btac said:
They make aftermarket arms for the stock shocks. There are alot of good brands depending on the cash you have. I have heard good things about asr, houser, laeger, and lone star. Price range is anywhere from $350 to more then a grand.
There are lots of +2 a-arms available that fit the stock shocks. ASR makes a nice pair that are not horribly expensive. You can look into Wicked, Laegers, Lone Star, and Herrmen for lower cost solutions as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.