Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found a-arms i want so now i need to get shocks. i dont want stock 450 shocks will aftermarket 660's fit with plus 2 a-arms

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i seen guys putting 450 shocks and a-arms on 660 and 450 stuff fits the 700.
i'm putting houser plus 2 a-arms on mine from a 450 so i was thinking of getting shocks from a 660 but i dont wan to buy them with out knowing

·
Registered
297 Posts
nah the 660 stuff wont fit. like someone said the 450 has the same rear and similar front setup so you can compare the 700 and 450 to see if they do.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I think the 450 and the 700 share the same front a-arms. I don't think there is any compatability with the 660's other than the 450 shock's will work on them. I have a pair of "06" 450 shocks that I plan on selling if any one is interested.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
GEARHEAD9969 said:
I think the 450 and the 700 share the same front a-arms. I don't think there is any compatability with the 660's other than the 450 shock's will work on them. I have a pair of "06" 450 shocks that I plan on selling if any one is interested.
Housers website shows the same part # for 06 450 and 700 front a-arms, so it appears they do share the same front end....Good call brother !! :thumbsup:

http://www.houser-racing.com/Catego...=Yamaha:RAPTOR+700+2006:Regular+Travel+A-Arms

Are the 450 shocks that good ??

·
Registered
429 Posts
The 450 shocks where a good uprade to stock, the reason I'm going to sell mine are a result of wanting to buy a long travel front end and new rear shock and don't need the spare parts cluttering my garage. Used they are about $1000.00 cheaper than a good set of elka's....lol

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
GEARHEAD9969 said:
The 450 shocks where a good uprade to stock, the reason I'm going to sell mine are a result of wanting to buy a long travel front end and new rear shock and don't need the spare parts cluttering my garage. Used they are about $1000.00 cheaper than a good set of elka's....lol
Oh I hear ya, I bought the base model Raptor the other day cuz I knew that after market everything was going on it !! LOL I don't know on the shocks, I was going to go with Ohlins on the Banshee, may just do like Janssen complete kit w/everything on the Raptor or maybe Housers w/Elka's..I'm a long way off from that anyway.. 8)

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
When I was searching e-bay earlier there were several pairs of 450 shocks on there.. :confused:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
The 450 and 700 share the same front end. 450 shocks on the 700 are a good upgrade but they do not compete with aftermarket. Nothing from the front end of the 700 or 450 fits the 660 period.

If you do go with 450 shocks try to get 06' shocks. They have a better spring and valving.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Does anyone know who makes the Raptor 700SE shocks? I know that Yamaha has controlling interest in Ohlins, but Ohlins denies making them for this bike. The reason I ask is because I'm looking for a little more setup information then what's in the owners manual. The Ohlins site has really nice setup info for their Raptor set. Has sag information and ride height info.

thanks

MK

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Yamaha usually uses either ohlins, kayaba, or showa for oem depending on the machine.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Maddog56 said:
Yamaha usually uses either ohlins, kayaba, or showa for oem depending on the machine.
I would be surprised if they used Showa as that's Honda's company, but I guess anything is possible.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
I thought I remembered them using some showa bodied shocks on a ute model or two, but I could be mistaken.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
They periodically use Showa on their dirtbikes. Showa is not really a Honda company. Honda just uses them a lot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts