Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running shorter front shocks that stock or YFZ? I am using YFZ shocks right now with the preload all the way out and would like the lower the front another 2" or so. I was thinking of aftermarket Raptor 250 or 350 shocks. I would like to keep coil-overs with at least compression and preload adjustability. I plan on using the stock a-arms for now, which have been modified for YFZ shocks.

Thanks! :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
what ar you doing with the bike? you want to sacrifice travel for stance?

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Maybe I am wrong but a lowering kit might work for you. Or make a bracket to relocate the top shock mount 2 inches higher. Just some ideas. good luck.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what ar you doing with the bike? you want to sacrifice travel for stance?
It's a dune/drag Raptor 660 with an R1 engine.

Maybe I am wrong but a lowering kit might work for you. Or make a bracket to relocate the top shock mount 2 inches higher. Just some ideas. good luck.
I don't believe in lowering kits, they just add parts, more to break or come loose, heavier, etc. Buying shorter shocks is ideal way IMO.

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
I don't believe in lowering kits, they just add parts, more to break or come loose, heavier, etc. Buying shorter shocks is ideal way IMO.
Ya I wouldn't use one myself either, just thought it may suite your needs. Shorter shocks are probably the best solution for your bikes purpose. I guess I always first think about the type of riding I do, where longer is better.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
blaster front shocks work also

·
Registered
865 Posts
Ig you already have the yfz shocks just buy are dual spring rate kit with the zps(zero preload) Then the bike will site lower but you will have the same travel

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Find some aftermarket banshee shock, maybe some works at steelers. I don't know of any OEM shocks from other quads that have compression adjustment.

You're going to lose some capability with the loss of travel.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
350 Raptor shocks... They make a beautiful stance...
That looks about like what I'm going for. But aren't the 700 shocks longer than the 660 shocks already?

·
Registered
37 Posts
For my bike i had two pairs of springs so i cut two rings off worked mint. The only down fall is you hear the springs rattle when you wheelie it and come down cuz theres no preload but i love it.

·
Registered
865 Posts
For my bike i had two pairs of springs so i cut two rings off worked mint. The only down fall is you hear the springs rattle when you wheelie it and come down cuz theres no preload but i love it.

That is what I am talking about with the zps springs. Shorter stiff main spring with a very soft spring on top that does the pre-load for you

1 - 16 of 16 Posts