Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am thinking of getting some shorty boots. I have heard some good and bad things about them. I have some regular riding boots but i have a hard time shifting when im standing up. For this reason i didnt wear them at the dunes last june and broke a bone in my foot. I was wondering it these short boots would give me some protection but also allow me to shift easier while standing up. I am looking at the fox s5 shorty boots, the alpinestars tech 2 boots, and the Thor 50/50 boots.Any info would be apreciated. =)

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
I ride with the Thor 50/50 and I love them. You still get the movement in your ankle you need to shift and the sturdyness in case you need to bail. My cousin rides with motorcycle boots made for foul weather and he likes those as well. I am pretty sure they are thor as well.

·
Registered
109 Posts
i just got the fox boots and i like them. havent had any problem shifting. they are my first ever pair of riding boots so i dont really have anything to compare them to but i dont have any complaints about them.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn i kinda gave up on this thread. Happy you guys decided to post though. I have been leaning towards the thor 50/50 boots because they got really good reviews on rockymountain atv.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
I have the tech 2's, alpine star. The are very comfy, and your socks stay dry pretty good, unless you're just standing in knee deep water. I was originally leaning towards the 50/50's, but too many times I was told they are stiff, and don't keep water out well.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I have a friend that only wears shorties and he likes the Thor because they are the most sneakerlike but they dont feel like they protect a lot. The Fox he says feel more protective but a little stiffer, best comfort to protection ratio, they are about half a number small so order 1 size up. The O'neals are stiffer than both above.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ordered the thor 50/50. I havent tried them yet but im going to the dunes this saturday so ill let everyone know how they are.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well guys i went to the dunes with my new thor 50/50 boots and i gotta say they are awsome. Way comfortable and shifting was as easy as wearing a sneaker. Love these boots. Highly recomend. =)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts