Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if it would benefit me to move my handlebars forward a few inches since im a tall person at 6'4 ? I just bought the ProTaper SE bars and since I always seem to nearly fly over the bike at Glamis 8) I was wondering if this would be recommended?? I nearly broke my forarm last month from this and would like better stability when going down steep hills.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Taraflx, Can you feel the bars flex a little more at the raiser point? Or is a real solid fit? I'm 6'5" and might need something also!!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
onelunglow said:
Taraflx, Can you feel the bars flex a little more at the raiser point? Or is a real solid fit? I'm 6'5" and might need something also!!
They are solid. I jump medium size stuff like 20 foot doubles ect so i am not taking huge jumps on it but I have had this kit for a few months now and it has handled everything I have thrown at it and the bars havent slipped flexxed or anything.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I am 6'5" and I always move up the bars. Am in looking into a taller stem now.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
6'5" (with boots on; 6'4" otherwise) and running with stock bars.
Works fine for me.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Shit! do we ride ATVs or start a basket Ball team? We have a lot of tall people riding! I was you gay would ride with me. Everyone I ride with is 5'8" and 185lbs.

Well I hate basketball! So I will stick with ATV since my football days are long gone!

·
Registered
669 Posts
do you guys also have a problem with your riding boots i have a size 14 and keep hiting the rear brake at all the wrong times :3question:

·
Registered
273 Posts
I'm 6'4'' with 12 shoe. I wanna change the stem but I'm afraid it'll feel forign to me, since I've been riding this way for about a year and a half. My back does hurt a little on long rides though. Especially Sand HWY.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just some info on the reliability or shall i say stability of that riser that Rockeymountainatv sells. Well, I took a head to head collision this pass week with an a-hole on a dirtbike :mad:. It seems that everything else on my quad was either destroyed (bumper, tie rod, a-arm) or banged up except for my handlebars. The riser was strong enough to outlast the force of my 250 lb. body as it was first absorbing the impact of the crash- but of course ended when I flew over the handlebars :unsure:.
I'd say you can feel certain that it is a quality product.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'm 6'5" and converted my stem to a LSR anti vibe +7/8" with Renthal 7/8" bars the ATV RACE is the description. They where the tallest widest flatest bars I could buy and work really well for clearance and leg room. The only problem I have ever had on the raptor is my knees hitting the front fenders.

·
Registered
575 Posts
im 6'6'' or 6'7'' and ride with the stock bars. opps. :unsure:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.