Votes: 3 100.0%
  • 400ex

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Raptor 350 vs 400ex? I love doing wheelies, jumping, and trails. My two friends have raptor 250's and I'm pretty good on them. I love them. I'm leaning towards the raptor because I'm a yamaha fan. So please help me make up my mind.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Both are solid machines, and pretty evenly matched.
You won't go wrong with either one.
Myself and most here are Yamaha fans too, and I'de get a Raptor 350.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If there are anymore answers, I'd gladly take them, I think I'm getting a raptor 350 tho

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I have never rode or had to maintain a raptor 350 so i cant speak on that one. I have had a 400ex, and had several friends that did too. We sure beat on them hard and they never let us down. Good power range as well. The only thing i didnt like is it being oil cooled, but it seemed to work well. The suzuki Z400 (or any variation of it) is a pretty good machine too, and its water cooled

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
To add to that, the 400 ex is MUCH easier to adjust valves on because it uses rocker arms like the 700. I dont know what the 350 uses but the z400 is valve shims like a 450 and they kinda suck to do if im being honest

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
To add to that, the 400 ex is MUCH easier to adjust valves on because it uses rocker arms like the 700. I dont know what the 350 uses but the z400 is valve shims like a 450 and they kinda suck to do if im being honest

Shims can be a pain, but the 350 Raptor doesn't use them.
The 350 Raptor engine is the 350 Warrior engine.
Valves adjust just like the 400ex, Raptor 660/700, and lots of other machines.
My friends and I have beat the equal hell out of Many 350 Warriors and 400ex's, along with a couple 350 Raptors(it's basically a Warrior with a taller steering stem and frame, and different fenders) over the years.
The only thing that sucks about 400ex's is that they didn't get reverse until 2007.
The 400ex is also a 5 speed and the Raptor is a 6 speed, but both will do low to mid 60's mph.
Otherwise, buy the one that feels better to You when you sit on it.
That, or whichever one you think looks cooler.
They are both that good, dependable, and equally matched.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i would go with the raptor 350 i have a raptor 660 and a yamaha warrior 350 the warrior is super solid and all around great the 400ex has a reputation for crashes and i honestly like the 350 better ps the warrior is the raptor 350 but with different plastics so if you wanna save money go for the warrior 350 because most parts on it is shared with the banshee so its easy to get parts ~edit:the warrior has been in my family for 18 years and only broke three times so far because of my errors bc it was my first sport atv

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
i would go with the raptor 350 i have a raptor 660 and a yamaha warrior 350 the warrior is super solid and all around great the 400ex has a reputation for crashes and i honestly like the 350 better ps the warrior is the raptor 350 but with different plastics so if you wanna save money go for the warrior 350 because most parts on it is shared with the banshee so its easy to get parts ~edit:the warrior has been in my family for 18 years and only broke three times so far because of my errors bc it was my first sport atv
The 400 ex has a reputation for crashes?? Im extremely curious how and why the machine itself is supposedly responsible for these crashes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
lights handle bars grips levers not engine stuff but cosmetics are pretty similar stuff the front shocks too i believe stock at least

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,765 Posts
My son has two, Honda 400's and hasn't experienced any problems. He did recently put Honda 450 front shocks on both and said it was lots better.
IDK, but i think the Honda has a bigger frame if you're taller.

·
11,765 Posts
By your picture, you're a good size guy. I would go with the biggest machine. Trust me, a small frame won't work out. You'll overload the frame and look like a giant on it as you grow.

·
11,765 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts