Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the black and orange 2007 se. I am about to put 3k in front suspension, lte duals, air filter, rear rims/tires ect into my 05. I am wondering if I should just go get the new one instead of putting this money into aftermarket stuff for mine. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Its all up to you, me personally I would because I love the new 700's. I love the looks, the FI, and the warranty that my dealerships are giving out for free which is always a great feeling. So I say its more what you wanna do cause your 660 with that much money into aftermarket stuff is gonna handle better then the 700.

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
I wouldnt trade in the 05 since you'll get raped with your pants on, but I would sell it and buy an 07. You basically have a stock bike, you'd gain more in the upgrade to a new bike than the incremental upgrades in components.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can I do jumps on an mx track with a stock 700? Will it beat my 660 in a drag? I want to jump and keep smoking dirt bikes. (everyone at my track rides bikes). So should I upgrade the 660 or take the stock 700? If I get the 700 I wont have money for upgrades anytime soon.

·
Registered
735 Posts
if you are asking the question, it sounds like to me you have your mind made up. Just do it. The 700 is more refined. I would say no if you have already upgraded the 660, but since its stock, you may as well. Youd be putting almost 2k into widening it, and still not have efi or upgraded swingarm. Powerwise the 700 is much smoother, almost linear.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea... but my dealer doesnt want any trades right now, and riding isnt real big around here, especially four wheelers, so I dont know if its worth trying to get rid of the 660.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I now have a 700. :eek: Thanks guys for all the help, looks like i need to move to the 700 forum now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.