Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All.

So I have my shocks being redone by Kevin at Jogaca and I'm debating on weather to use shock covers. I have seen articles saying both yes and no and just wanted to get some opinions. I ride in a lot of sand/rocky terrain but don't see much mud, if any. I'm trying to find pros and cons and other experiences. Any opinions are welcome

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hello All.

So I have my shocks being redone by Kevin at Jogaca and I'm debating on weather to use shock covers. I have seen articles saying both yes and no and just wanted to get some opinions. I ride in a lot of sand/rocky terrain but don't see much mud, if any. I'm trying to find pros and cons and other experiences. Any opinions are welcome
I use them to keep the mud off and have not had any problems with them. I do take them off periodically and clean the shocks .

·
Registered
107 Posts
I want to purchase some for myself. I look at it as an extra layer of protection that doesn't add weight or hinder performance so why not? The problem I have is finding them. Amazon has some but I don't like how limited the variety is.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
I want to purchase some for myself. I look at it as an extra layer of protection that doesn't add weight or hinder performance so why not? The problem I have is finding them. Amazon has some but I don't like how limited the variety is.
Have you tried ebay? I bought a set there i like, only complaint being that it was a set of 3, and all were the same size so my rear shock cover was too small to fit around the coil

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
163 Posts
They come in handy for sand riding, so you would be better off. I always ran shock covers but this time around I chose to not run them mostly for looks and I ride mostly on regular trails with some mud.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Get the neoprene ones from PEP. They are the best on the market and fit tight to the coils and are soft so they don't ruin the powercoat on the springs. They usually last the longest also. I have a set on my Z and will probably get a set for the Raptor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts