Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok first off i love my raptor. I have read and read through the forums on performance parts as well as talked to many ppl about what they have and how they like it..

my question is what pipe and filter setup would work best... im set on a pc III BUT i dont know what pipe and filter mod will give me the most power. for a reference i live in texas so i never ride on the dunes its strictly trials and straight line hard pack racing for me. and being loud is not a problem

thanks in advance ryan

·
Registered
511 Posts
ron woods and K&N intake with your pc3

Capt

·
Registered
113 Posts
Barkers,trinity intake with K&N, 11.5 to 1 piston

12.5 if you want to add a cam

I weigh 235 put the pcIII, barkers and trinity intake and my 700 shits and gits' :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
I can get you a good deal on the ron woods. I would reccomend ron woods, hmf, jardine, or barker duals.

Pictures are on our website as well.

·
Registered
511 Posts
here ya go. woods is the best single IMHO!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :lol:

Capt

Attachments

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
techquadshop said:
I can get you a good deal on the ron woods. I would reccomend ron woods, hmf, jardine, or barker duals.

Pictures are on our website as well.
Have you guys tested any Dr D full exhausts? Just curious.

·
Registered
262 Posts
DR D has a exit of like 1 3/4....not really for top end performance

·
Registered
153 Posts
Suprisingly enough, I just got done switching out a full DrD system and the power it makes is very good. In fact, my barkers only put about 2HP at the peak on that DrD. The DrD is a very quiet pipe system and runs real strong. It does not have the greatest power curve of all the pipes, since it isn't as large as some of the pipe set ups but I would not count it out. For the low noise factor it produces very nice HP.

·
Registered
912 Posts
the sparks big core outperforms the ron woods pipe. if i recall, one of the members on here said the woods pipe was for top end and thats it. the top singles out right now are sparks and ct racing. take your pick :thumbsup: 8)

·
Registered
511 Posts
CAROLINA_700R said:
the sparks big core outperforms the ron woods pipe. if i recall, one of the members on here said the woods pipe was for top end and thats it. the top singles out right now are sparks and ct racing. take your pick :thumbsup: 8)
good #'s from sparks like ya said but.. dyno shop says nay nay.. woods out performed. the curve is what matters where it starts and where it ends. torque 1st and hp 2nd i would think. when i gained my torque from my barkers it was very noticable from the hole shot. ill try and post the difference between my barkers and my woods on the dyno later if i can find my dyno sheet. CAROLINA plz post ur dyno of the sparks and ct so we can see the results.

Capt

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i was leaning towards a sparks pipe with trinity intake.. but i was afraid i figured i would get 10 different answers from 10 different ppl.. so whats better about the ron woods over the sparks???

i wasnt too impressed with the ct pipe , filter mod , and dynotec on a raptor this last weekend. it wasnt too great..

thanks ryan

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think the Woods pipe is hideous, but it's supposed to rip. I called them about getting one and the wait was long at that time, so I just got an LRD (which I love). The CT is ugly too IMO, but they beef their numbers up pretty well. If you're riding flat ground and sound isn't an issue, look at the drag pipes from Rocket Factory, they intrigue me.

·
Registered
109 Posts
i have the stuff done in my sig, and when i race my friend witch races every other weekend on his 700 with a k and n and when i hit 3rd its all over with i could barly see him :lol:. plus GYTR is loud as heck in a good way ;). and if u take out the baffle its crazy loud.i like it when i start it up it, the air comming out breaks threw the air and it sound like a jet. and the pipe and other things are made for your bike go to www.powerpartsplus.com

·
Registered
902 Posts
I had the Ron Wood pipe on my DS760. . . it was the best performing pipe for the DS out there. . .

Down side was the carbon steel construction - rust at the joints and internals became rough from rust etc.

I went with the Barker Duals on my new 700 Raptor. . . the fit is very nice - has springs at the joints (the way it should be) and SS construction so, should stay smooth inside for years to come.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts