Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i bought one of them rubber silencer plugs does anyone use this? i thought they were just for power washing and storage and things like that.... but at i was at a honda dealership today picking up a free set of gloves i got one of these... when i was asking the guy if they had any explainig to him what it was he sed they are to make quad quieter.... whats your opinion on this?

1. i dont see how the quad would even start up!
2. if started up with it out wouldnt it just cut out from not being able to breathe?
3.if it actually does run fine and everything with it in wouldnt it be a loss of power due to restrictions in the exhaust?
4.this thing is made out of rubber wouldnt it melt?

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
how tight does it fit? I would think it would just blow out? I think that guy is sniffin to many gas fumes

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
Are you talking about the triangle shaped plug that goes in your exhaust? Thats just for keeping water and other foreign objects out when your cleaning and storing it.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
:lol: That guy didnt know what he is talking about:lol:
That is for when you wash it and put it in storage. Like said above,

·
Master of the Electron
15,034 Posts
If the guy had any intelligence, he'd be working somewhere other than the parts counter at the local bike shop... They don't check for quality of the gene pool when hiring for that job, nor do they pay enough to preclude him from working almost ANY place else, if he only could qualify... he can't.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
That is horrible, how could they hire him?? Did you guys know there is a huge power gain when you remove the seat, air box cover, and the air filter. Then... when you need to clean out your engine, you stuck the hose into the gas tank and let 'r' rip:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol rhats funny i already figure and knew that... That guy is an idiot.. Im mechanically inclined and have commen sense. For all that i should go back and tell them and then say im unemployed can you hire me lol... But it did have me thinking tho why is it called a silencer plug

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Maybe he was being a smart ass

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
ok i bought one of them rubber silencer plugs does anyone use this? i thought they were just for power washing and storage and things like that.... but at i was at a honda dealership today picking up a free set of gloves i got one of these... when i was asking the guy if they had any explainig to him what it was he sed they are to make quad quieter.... whats your opinion on this?

1. i dont see how the quad would even start up!
2. if started up with it out wouldnt it just cut out from not being able to breathe?
3.if it actually does run fine and everything with it in wouldnt it be a loss of power due to restrictions in the exhaust?
4.this thing is made out of rubber wouldnt it melt?
This is a joke right................

·
Master of the Electron
15,034 Posts
The muffler on a 2-stroke bike is called a silencer.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No he was being a serious i already knew that it wasnt to ride with it in figured id tell yous what this guy sed at the dealership kinda funny

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
You asked about riding with it in as well, thus the confusion.

Either the guy at the counter thought you were talking about a quiet core you'd seen in some pipe or he was having some fun with you. I don't imagine that if he was actually an employee there for more than a week that he wouldn't know what they were and what they were for.

·
Registered
521 Posts
on the topic of using it for when washing your quad... what exactly do you use for disc style exhausts? (as in a white bros e series)... when i go to wash my raptor when it gets nice out, what do i do to protect it since i dont exactly have a hole for a silencer plug...

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Basically irt is an exhaust PLUG, to stop contaminants from entering the exhaust.

When transporting turbocharged diesel powered equipment at road speeds with an exposed exhaust system, the exhaust pipe should be plugged, the air rushing over the exhaust pipe can cause the turbo to start spinning and burn it out when the engine isnt running..............

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
on the topic of using it for when washing your quad... what exactly do you use for disc style exhausts? (as in a white bros e series)... when i go to wash my raptor when it gets nice out, what do i do to protect it since i dont exactly have a hole for a silencer plug...
A plastic bag will suffice..............:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts