Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am getting a new slip on for my 05 raptor 660. I am not too familiar with any of the brands. I have narrowed it down to 3. Either the FMF, HMF, or Dr. D. I am leaning towards the HMF because I found it on ebay for 229 and it comes with the jets it needs. And I can also get a quiet core for it. That would be nice because I ride at night a lot. Then I can remove it during the day. Is that a good brand? Or is one of the others better? These 3 can all be found for around $250 on ebay, which is what I am looking to spend. Sorry if this has been asked a thousand times before. I searched but couldn't find a good answer. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
If there is a chance you might want to add an aftermarket header later on, make sure that which ever one you buy will allow that. I know the FMF will, and I think the HMF will, but I'm not sure. I don't know if Dr. D even offers a header.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
punkrockguy said:
And I can also get a quiet core for it.
That would be nice because I ride at night a lot.

Then I can remove it during the day.
If your going to be swaping the quiet core in and out you may have problems with jetting being rich when the core is in. If you just changing that it may not be a problem but keep it in mind, you could also call the pipe manufacturers and ask them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I went with the HMF pipe. I am just trying to figure out the jetting thing now. I've never had to jet anything, so this is new to me! Good lord, that thing is LOUD without the quiet core! Even with it! If anyone has any suggestions for jetting, let me know! I am following the directions of all the other jetting posts, so i should be able to figure it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts