Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read all over the forum and am looking at an answer on single exhaust. I have read that aftermarket singles don't really out perform each other. I have also read that they do. What is true? Should I buy a single on looks or find the best performer?

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
First let me say that the vast majority of knowledge I have about the 700 exhausts has come from members posting here. That said, the 700 gains much more power from an exhaust than many other bikes just as the 660 did. Because of this it would figure that there is more room to differentiate these singles from one another than on a bike that only gains 2-5hp from an exhaust.

It would appear that the top-tier pipes are quite close in power output, it's important to note that there are still mediocre and not-so-great pipes out there so the selection is indeed limited. The mediocre pipes include many that are much more powerful in the low and midrange but don't have quite the top end power of the big singles.

I will leave it up to the more knowledgeable members to list these "top-tier" pipes.

...Or to tell me I'm full of it... ;)

·
Registered
174 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
I have the Dr D full exhaust. I am happy with it. The look, sound, Fit and finish. It may not be the most powerful but it feels good to me.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
smkn700r said:
:crazy:thanks for the info but is there anyone running this exhaust that can give me some info.....
Don't hijack the thread, make your own or just do a search.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
is there any other comments?

·
Registered
868 Posts
It depends on what your plans are for the bike. The Pro circuit pipe I think came out on top as overall...I would suggest Sparks Big Core...if you are planning on doing internal motor mods. You will get the most out of it with that pipe (what I have been told). I was going to go with that one and I really liked the Barkers....except they were out of frame. Then low and behold in frames came along...so i am spending the extra $90-$100 over the Sparks for duals. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
478 Posts
If you are going with a single then for the most part get what you like. HMF is popular around here, Sparks are very good, big gun was rated by one of the members here that did a test of about 4-6 pipes to be the best overall. CT is also very good for power but I have heard that they dont hold up that well. For my two cents I would go with Big Gun. I know people that have them and LOVE them and they have stacked up very well in any exhaust review. Fit and finish is also very good.

But like the first sentence says.........get what you like their is only probably 1-3 hp difference between the worst and best.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
There is a difference between singles but that said if you stay with the quality brands it isnt going to be huge. Some will perform better in certain areas but which is best for you and your riding style is still a guess.

My advise is look at what is most popular on here and peoples thoughts on them and add some wants of your own (looks, price, loudness, etc) and make a educated guess from there.

If all else fails drop all your choices in a hat a draw one lol :grin_nod:

good luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Like most have said, not much power diff. between singles. Assuming you are doing a full system. i.e. full sytem of the crap pipes is comparable to a good slip on, buta good full system blows a crap slip on away. I would also strongly recomend an intake and a fuel controller. You wouldn't pipe a carburated bike without jetting... same applies here, with the pipes the fuel box is necessary. So- more fuel, you'll need more air. :thumbsup: Don't buy an e-bay special and sell yourself short. Remember some pipes call for repack every 8 hours and some never, so there are other differences than price and look. Good luck and let us know what you end up with. :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the input.I decided to buy a ct exhaust. It isn't the best looking pipe but it liked that you can control the sound output. I dont want to piss people off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts