Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think that I am going to go with the Skat Trak Edge over the Sand Star's from what I have read.

But I cannot seem to find which paddle count is better. I am leaning towards the 7 paddle over the 8 paddle. These will be on a 20x10x10 tire. Which one will have the best speed. I do not imagine the paddle count will affect the turning.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I not sure this will help any but..... I buddy bought a set of haulers years ago and went with a 14 paddle. :eek: He has them on a stock 660. He throws a mean roost also. Now when i talk with the sand tire manufacture/sellers they don't suggest this tire for four strokes!! But all I know is he wins a lot of drag races!!! He beats a lot of piped bikes. The only thing we came up with was that the is big with a lot of paddles making it hard for it to sink in the sand. This is a good think!! :grin_nod:

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Pile0g00, you would think so, but like I said it beats stock 450's and piped 660 all day long... The only think he has is different rear paddle tires!! There's more to just the number of paddles, also how deep they are....

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is for my 525 with the IRS and an 8" rim will not fit over the IRS setup. I have to go 9" or bigger. So is there a big difference between the 7 and 8 paddle setup.

I have heard many times that too many paddles will rob to much power from the engine and not allow the engine to rev out but too few paddles will result in too much tire spin and a loss of traction.

What is everyones feelings on this?

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Then go with 9" wheels, I would go with 8 paddles, when you are slightly over paddles you can raise your air pressure to get more spin, but when you are under paddled you cant really do anything

·
Registered
511 Posts
I am going to a 21" tire 8" rim 8 paddle is preffered from my raceing shop. better hook up and less drag at the top of the hill. 9 paddle is to much becausef the drag at the high rpm's. jmo ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.