Raptor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running skat-trak extremes,what size and what gearing do you have ?? I just bought a set of 21x12x8's 7 paddle extreme's
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is anyone using these tires for dune riding and hill shooting ?? what gears ?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
17,061 Posts
zuli said:
Is anyone using these tires for dune riding and hill shooting ?? what gears ?
22" 70RO 8 paddle haulers, 12/42 on the short hills. Also 2nd gear start.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Maddog, as to your gearing comment about short hills, what is a short hill in your mind? I want to change my sprockets out and was curisous about your setup for 12/42. I mainly ride on the Oregon coast dunes, 200-400' hill climbs.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,069 Posts
dunehog said:
Maddog, as to your gearing comment about short hills, what is a short hill in your mind? I want to change my sprockets out and was curisous about your setup for 12/42. I mainly ride on the Oregon coast dunes, 200-400' hill climbs.
I run 12/44...72ish RO 22/11/8 9 paddle haulers...I only ride Oregon dunes...2nd gear launches...all day...wrks very nice for tree shots, hill climbs and drags...etc... :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
NICE! That is definitely what i am interested in being able to do successfully while i am down at Umpqua. will the 42 rear sprocket with the aftermarket aluminum swing arm skid plate? :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
381 Posts
I'm an idiot, but could you fellows enlighten me on what 70, 71, and 72RO refers to? Thanks :3question:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,069 Posts
03RaptorCV said:
I'm an idiot, but could you fellows enlighten me on what 70, 71, and 72RO refers to? Thanks :3question:
Basically...Mark the side wallor a paddle of tire lay, out a tape [email protected]/ mark..."roll out" how many inches it takes to do a complete rotation...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,069 Posts
dunehog said:
NICE! That is definitely what i am interested in being able to do successfully while i am down at Umpqua. will the 42 rear sprocket with the aftermarket aluminum swing arm skid plate? :thumbsup:
???

I run a plus 6 no skidplate...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
381 Posts
I thought it might have something to do with overall circumference. :thumbsup:

Where is the best place to buy UL extremes? I have some new 20" 9 paddle extremes. Should I just get the extra rubber taken off by someone that knows what they are doing. Anybody know of someone in the Oregon/west coast area that does this to paddles for a fair price?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
Stupid question....Where did you guys BUY YOUR HAULERS!?? lol...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,062 Posts
03RaptorCV said:
I thought it might have something to do with overall circumference. :thumbsup:

Where is the best place to buy UL extremes? I have some new 20" 9 paddle extremes. Should I just get the extra rubber taken off by someone that knows what they are doing. Anybody know of someone in the Oregon/west coast area that does this to paddles for a fair price?
you can send them back to skat-trak to get the UL buff done to them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
How are you guys getting the power to the ground with the nine paddle. We flat drag and with 9 paddle hauler and 720 with 13/40 gear I cant hook up until I click 5th.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
839 Posts
I run flat drags only. Most sand traks on my oem chassis bike I run 12ul 73 ro extremes with 13/44 gearing leaving in 2nd. Thats with a wheelie bar though.On our rigid drag bike we run 16ul 80 ro extremes or 14 ul taller haulers.
Jims Sand toys is the cheapest place I know of and great to deal with.
http://www.jimssandtoys.com/dragtires.html

I know a couple of guys that dealt with Fullerton tires.
http://www.fullertonsandsports.com/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Thanks I am going to try some 12 paddle extremes this weekend and change the gearing back to a 44 on the rear and see if it will hold. what swinger are you running on the OEM frame.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
839 Posts
It takes alot of power to turn that many paddles.I think you will find its going to be faster on less paddles. Even more so going uphill 500ft or more. On my OEM I run a 6 over swinger with a wheelie bar and leave HARD. We race 300ft on flat ground with lights etc. Being consistant is key in what we do not always the absolutly the fastest ET every once and a while.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top